It seems like a lot of people in a lot of guilds have trouble with attacking the right towers, or with not losing their attacks. So, I tried to create a complete attacking guide which might make attacking and/or coordination a little bit easier for everyone.
Guild war guidelines:
You want to take the right path.
- Always think about the mage towers. Strong opponent? Take down at least 2 mage towers.
- Some paths have weaker teams than others (either on purpose or not). Strategize about whether you can afford to take the ‘easier’ path or not, as it might not always be better because of mage towers. Again, against strong opponents you’ll also need to kill the middle mage tower.
- This is a very basic war guide, so I just recommend to take down at least 2 mage towers and play as organised as possible (with as few losses as possible) against stronger opponents. But if your guild is pretty organised, you could discuss and try something risky, on the condition that almost all attacks will need to be won.
- Are you no guild leader, but there is no marked path yet? Ask about it first in the guild war chat! Leaders, have the strategy ready on time!
- Advanced: You can use the enemy summary (in the active war log) to estimate how long it will take before your enemy finishes, by looking at how much total points they have, or how many possible keep hitters can attack. If they’re almost done, you can take some more risks to try and still win, by letting weaker people attack.
Keep war chat to war chat.
- Friendly chat can be in the guild tab, try to only talk about war in the war chat or practice with lineups. (Should I use hermit or wizard against “name”)
- Request points when you need them. You want to avoid the donation menu, because for now it’s still very unclear. Requesting points in the war chat is the easiest for everyone.
- Do you want to donate but there are no requests? Ask your leader/champions/war chiefs in war chat who needs the points. Are those ranks not active in war? (Leave your guild or) donate to the strongest people who could hit the Keep.
Who does what?
- Something everyone should know, is “Don’t lose”. If someone can’t win, they should know they’ll need to donate. Get this message across to everyone using a sticky post, and PM’s if needed.
- The strongest people will hit the keep. With the longer wars, keep hitters should first hit at least one different tower. But you do want people to know that they need to save for the keep. Try setting up a rule like “As many top players as there are lines in keep (+ spare) are keep hitters.” These people need 20 points (and a fresh team) after the third tower.
Last, but most important: Prevent losses.
- Using the NPC’s (minions) you can charge your team’s skills. If these are gone, winning becomes a lot harder. Everyone should know that they’ll need an equally strong team to beat a lineup, or a stronger one to beat a lineup with mage tower buffs!
- Don’t compromise too much. Of course it’s very useful to use a secondary team instead of a normal one, but attack points generate quite fast and 5 isn’t that much. Discuss your secondary team in war chat, and if it might not be good enough, just refresh (in the screen where you change your attacking heroes) your heroes for 5 points and use your main team!
- Effectively use the minions’ lineup to charge your team, so don’t use their skills on the minions! If your team is strong enough, beating the minions without using skills should be a piece of cake.
- If an attack has been lost and a charged lineup is standing, attack it with a team that’s a lot stronger, or a team that can silence their skills, to prevent an endless amount of cleanups needed. Get it down with one of the strongest members, because otherwise it might become an attack points’ pit.
The most difficult is getting people to follow the strategy. Try to contact them, and inform them of guidelines like these. No reaction? Then you have no option left but kicking. If Tue leadership actively corrects/kicks people, the guild will eventually fill with good members.
If I forgot anything important, please post below. I hope this was useful, and good luck in war!