There needs to be a better way to determine the payout for Challenger arena. Right now it is completely broken by the tie breaker mechanics (last to finish a fight gets first). Let’s brainstorm options for how to make Challenger more interesting/challenging. Here are a few that I have seen/have:
- Fix tie breaking mechanic so first to finish a fight stays on top and subsequent finishers always fall below them (eliminates the pause just before you win against 1st place until 3 seconds before payout).
- Reduce how high up players can move in a single hit (no more 100 to 1 instantly). Maybe only allow attacks on teams 5 above you?
- Make it so you get rewards based on how long you stay in a section during the day and that will determine the final payout at payout time
- Split Challenger to multiple rooms with a smaller count to make it more fair for payout as more players get into Challenger
- Make arena about having the best team and not just timing- have an automated fight for each player against all of the rest in the room to determine total wins and losses to factor into rank and payout. This could be additive with current rank in the room
What are your ideas?