Changes to New War - October Season

New War Adjustments

We’ll be making a few adjustments to tower attack costs and point values for this upcoming War season. These changes are based on the feedback we’ve received from players that have a couple seasons of the new War under their belts and are intended to bring the overall Guild effort for War back in line with the original version of the mode. This next War season will serve as a trial period for this new setup. We’ll be gathering feedback on this new system at the end of the season so make sure to give it a try and let us know what you think!

Tower Attack Credit cost changes:

• All Towers now cost 3 AC to attack
  • The Keep now costs 5 AC to attack

Tower Point adjustments:

• Mage Towers now grant 75 points when destroyed, down from 100
  • The Keep now grants 300 points when destroyed, up from 150
3 Likes

So, with increased cost to attack, are we getting more points to start war? Or is there going to be point generation available?

1 Like

I thought personally it was perfectly fine as it was, this will only confuse alot of people now as to what paths to take, ie do we or can we afford to now take multiple mages and still have enough points left for keep? We were looking forward to destroying all towers in my s8 guild . Now my fun is ruined

5 Likes

Yes more points defintly needed, or additional guild perks required ,better yet keep it as it was

3 Likes

Why are you doing this? You’re going back and setting it up like old war without even giving more servers the chance to add their input. Adding cost to towers is ridiculous, especially with not being able to regenerate points now. The whole point is to take the field for the most point spread, but now everyone is just rushing back to who can take keep and maybe extra towers with what’s left. Yall really need to THINK more than just listen to nothing but complaints. How about giving all the users polls to answer? It may be annoying but everyone’s voice needs to be heard about these changes rather than just the few on discourse.

12 Likes

I have 11 members on my team. We sid well this war season. This new system won’t allow us to be a viable team in wars. One more way to push the f2p players to quit.

5 Likes

We’re asking you to give it a try. We’ve seen a lot of feedback from players that new war takes a lot more time, so we’re going to make this adjustment and see how it goes.

If it’s a horrible mess, we’ll make changes before the November season starts.

2 Likes

Hmmm is this a promise ? Those complaining wars are to long are they sure, it’s a 24 hr timer,show up hit an dome,then 24 hrs of

3 Likes

Polaris you still havent answered the question about more points for war or point generation?

2 Likes

Right now, with those changes you’ve completly gone back to the old war but with points upfront and little to no room for any misses , ie 1 miss at keep an you lose a war . Taking all towers an being able to hit multiple times made that war real fun

4 Likes

All the changes being made are listed in the OP.

1 Like

Having been a part of new war, in server 4, from the beginning, this change is a HUGE mistake. It is not going to work and the complainers if the current new war will see this very quickly. They will then spend the rest of October complaining about this change to the format if war. The complainers haven’t given it a fair shot, as you need more than 1 war season to know how it will work. This change is dooming a lot of guilds.

5 Likes

Agreed, horrible change, don’t need to try something that reads as badly as it does

3 Likes

And again. Only a few players are giving their opinions while we dont know whats happening. :roll_eyes:
Whatever the format, people will always say its to hard to manage because those people are in the top guilds and they want to win.
Less attacks means less fun for casual guilds.
While top guilds will rage after 2 or 3 loss in keep :rofl:

Yeah thanks a lot discord…

3 Likes

Both myself and Alexus are in top guilds, we were prepared for multiple hits, the misses on the unchanged format but new war we were looking forward to ,misses didn’t matter as 1 miss didn’t define a war, where as now you have to be perfectionists ,that I believe takes the fun outta war , will be at most 2 metas used an 10 heroes it’s boring, being able to hit 4 or more times in a war was always fun as got to experiment an try out stuff

7 Likes

Though I am open to War enhancements,this sounds a little “out there”… With no extra points it will be tough…
Plus if it costs 5 AC , its a hit per War n then donate… Why would I have 82 toons???

Have I missed the but where it says points regeneration??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2 Likes

Exactly , all these new toons being added that take a good month or 2 to be eligible in war , or atleast maxed out n this change just makes us use 1 or 2 strong metas , which might I add still don’t require any of the new toons

3 Likes

How about you just change it back? You’re getting tons of complaints here. Go back to the way you had tower points. FFA guilds, top guilds, and everyone in between will thank you. This beats the original purpose to not race to keep. Might as well go back to the old system then, especially with no points regeneration :woman_shrugging:.

6 Likes

Yep or reduce the cost of hits so that 1 mistake doesn’t cost you a war . And all of our guildmates can participate . Right now our Australian guildies will be lucky on this new format to even get a hit as we will of finished already an ran outta points

4 Likes

I mean, I’m seeing complaints from like 4 people. A lot of leaders of top S1 guilds are in favor of this change. Calling 138 lines a war has drained quite a few good war chiefs.

4 Likes