Crystals & Hero Power Rating

I would like to understand the concept or reason why Blue Crystals always give the highest Hero Power rating.

Examples have maxed gear (O6), skills & epic at level 125.

Example #1: Lion Knight: Base HP is 289,162 & Base Damage is 8,451.
Adding a Red Crystal gives a 9.59% damage increase V.S. adding a Blue Crystal that gives a 4.20% HP increase.
A Red Crystal Lion has a Power rating of 18,002 V.S. Blue Crystal Lion has a Power rating of 18,230. The Blue Crystal Lion has 228 more Power rating.

The Red Crystal Lion obviously gives a much larger percentage of stats increase over blue, however a Blue Crystal Lion has 228 more Power rating.

Example #2: Forest Hermit: Base HP 162,008 & Base Damage is 8,461
Adding a Red Crystal gives a 9.58% damage increase V.S. adding a Blue Crystal that gives a 7.51% HP increase.
A Red Crystal Hermit has a hero rating of 12,923 V.S. Blue Crystal Hermit has a Power rating of 13,150

The Red Crystal gives a larger percentage of stats increase over blue, however a Blue Crystal Hermit has 227 more Power rating.

Additionally, when a hero has an AOE attack (Dragon, Pony, Hunter), the Red Crystal produces more parentheses skill damage that affects 5 enemy targets (modified even more by Epics), producing a larger damage output. However, once again, a Blue Crystal gives more Hero Power rating. A Backline AOE attacker benefits much more than a single target attacker, but the Blue Crystal gives more Hero Power rating. A Blue Crystal Hunter has Hero Power rating of 15,143 V.S. Red Crystal Hunter has a Power rating of 14,916 - Blue Crystal Hunter has 227 more Power rating.

Why does the Blue always give more rating?
Maybe someone would like to chime in or explain why they think a Blue Crystal Hero is better. (Swash excluded).

From what I’ve seen the system is upside down
A health crystal shouldn’t even register on the power rankings
Reds should as they denote power

Seems it needs the old switcheroo
S2 top players have blue crystal on top 5
I have all reds on my top 5
There was a major difference between us before 125 cap came

Whole system needs a full explanation tbh as currently working off trial and error same as you are and that’s not cost effective for hero shards and vials getting wasted testing these out

I agree red should give more power. So far I equipped 1 blue and 10+ red.

“Power” rating may be badly named.
Or you could be misinterpreting it.
Increasing hero skills doesn’t affect the hero’s base “attack”, but adds 4 points of power to the hero.
Even if the skill is just about “opponent under level X aren’t affected”, it still adds that 4 points of power.

I’m assuming that because health is measured in 1000s and attack strength is measured in the 100s, the greater value added to health counts for more power points towards the hero total?

The total “Power” (or a better name might be “rating”) of a hero, is a pointless construct that is only good for the ranking table.

I’d much rather have a lower rating hero that hits harder.
Red crystal for me, boss :wink:

This.
Power rating isn’t just strength. Otherwise we would see defense only heros with virtually no power rating at all.
I would love to see a proper FAQ about exactly how power rating is determined.

That being said, I almost never even think about power rating. To me the important aspects are: team synergy, counter synergy, gear and star level, epic gear, hero and skill level. I often take out teams that are nearly double my power with no issue due to these factors.

This.
Which really upsets people in plat 1 and challenger, when they see my level and gear of my heroes :wink:

Same for me … My gyro alt on s2 is about to breach challenger and its level 90 no epics
Constant defends in there make for easy hero building :wink:

I mean have they fixed ice berg’s power yet? He dropped every time you added an epic lvl to him. Power is meaningless to me now, and has been since the war meta was ginger/claw/punk/birdman/fox.

If they told us how it worked… then they’d have to fix it. Can’t imagine that’s a priority.