“This feels like...home!” - Void Caster, in the Dungeon
Welcome to the Dungeon - we’ve got Chests, Wells, and Shrines! We’ve also got Torches, Traps, and Hollow wandering around. How deep does the dungeon go? Only the most stalwart of Heroes can find out!
Here are the things you may encounter in your adventures:
Of course, the reason you delve into the dark of the Dungeon is to collect loot! Use caution though, because some chests may be trapped!
Wells come in 12 different colors, and can have one of 12 different effects. A Well’s color and effect are random for each Dungeon. In addition to having no effect, here are the list of possible outcomes from drinking from a Well:
- Cleansing Potion: One random debuff will be removed from any of your Heroes.
- Healing Potion: You Hero with the most missing HP will be fully healed.
- Energizing Potion: Your entire living team will gain some energy. The amount scales with Hero level.
- Torch Oil: Your Torches will not expend for the rest of the floor.
- Shining Potion: Your Sight will be increased by one for the rest of the floor.
- Blood of the Bull: A dead Hero in your current party will be revived.
- Explosive Potion: The health of all Heroes in your party will be reduced. The amount scales with Hero level.
- Crippling Potion: The Max HP of your Heroes will be reduced. The amount scales with Hero level.
- Draining Potion: Your current Heroes will gain energy during combat at less than their current rate. The amount scales with Hero level.
- Disabling Potion: A random skill will be disabled on a Hero in your current party.
- Blinding Potion: Rooms will only be revealed by Shrine buffs for the rest of floor. All previously revealed rooms will be hidden.
- Deadly Poison: The Hero with the lowest HP in your current party will die.
There is one Shrine on each floor of the dungeon. Each Shrine offers permanent upgrades and temporary effects. Permanent upgrades last until you reset the Dungeon; temporary effects last until you exit to the next level of the Dungeon.
- Once you select a Shrine effect, it cannot be changed. Choose wisely!
- Change your hero lineup at Shrines. This is important if you have Heroes at low Health - they will need to be in top shape to clear the level!
As you wander the Dungeon, you will encounter Traps. All Traps have a chance of being disarmed, but if you don’t - look out!
Torches are your Stamina in the Dungeon. Just like Marion in Raiders of the Lost Ark, once your Torches burn out, bad things happen!
- Torches are expended when you enter any room, and over time while walking down a hallway or in combat.
- If you run out of Torches during a battle your heroes are killed
- If you have no Torches you cannot travel through the Dungeon
- Torches can be found as loot drops in Normal Campaign, purchased at Shops, or purchased in the Dungeon.
Sight is how many squares beyond your current room you can see on the map
- Chests, Fights, Shrines, Wells, and Portals are all revealed through Sight when you get close enough to them
- Sight will not reveal Traps or the difference between a Chest and a Trapped Chest
Your Dungeon progress is automatically saved at Entrance Portals, Exit Portals, and the Shrine. If all your Heroes die in a fight, you will be returned to the last Save Point you visited on your current floor.
- Health and Energy won’t refill unless you get a beneficial effect from a Well or Shrine.
- Change your team lineup or revive dead Heroes at an Entrance Portal, Exit Portal, or Shrine.
- You earn Dungeon XP when you battle the Hollow. Earning Dungeon XP will make future trips to the Dungeon easier.