Guild War 2.0 Questions/Discussion/Feedback

Another tiebreaker proposal.

2 Likes

Regarding the Rare 75 Pt Keep Destruction:
Maybe if you start an attack right before war is over, and finish the attack after the 24 Hrs have elapsed. Example: War ends @ 10:00:00 AM; you start your last attack @ 9:59:53 AM; your battle lasts 1 Min, 22 Sec; your battle ends @ 10:01:15 AM. Your war has now ended beyond the scheduled 24 Hrs. (Total time: 24 Hr, 1 Min, 15 Sec)

Don’t you think some skill should be taken Into effect ? Right now as long as you don’t use all your attacks it doesn’t matter how many cleans a guild makes. Soo… if we clear the board and (I’m gonna ignore the first unfair totally unreasonable tie breaker that makes it more beneficial to not fill towers) finish all towers first it don’t matter how many attacks it takes. Soo skill don’t matter only timezone of members. Sucks to any guild full of Californians with jobs.

3 Likes

The timezone issue also makes it impossible for many (most?) players in Australia and New Zealand.

2 Likes

Bug alert: we completed keep attacks before 10hr mark and only received 145 points instead of 150 points.

btw… I’m aware of the timer saying 9:58. That is just when I ss after coming over here and reading the War update log.:wink: We actually completed the keep an hour prior.
Jonesy :ocean::fishing_pole_and_fish:

You will need to complete the keep before it says 14hrs remaining!!
24 - 10 = 14

2 Likes

tenor-3

3 Likes

Half our guild wants to quit…U only need 5 folks refreshing to finish and everyone else sits on the sidelines. Its a race now…no strategy…no nothing…Too many attack credits…40 person guilds a thing of the past…all u need is 5 or 6 folks and a bunch of alts to donate…I for one hope u folks fix it or I will be requesting a full refund of all my purchases.

1 Like

Feedback on war system:
you took the last remaining aspect of the game that actually required some thought and planning and made it into an all out frenzy for the greedy to see who can hit the most. No real consequences to misses as there’s plenty of points to clean. And mages are a joke as they have very little impact on the actual towers. Might as well auto select and auto hit on fast forward. Ehh… I’ll spend my time and money on games that actually require some effort. Such a disappointment … ruined a fine game.

2 Likes

Agreed. War was based on strategy and who could minimize their mistakes and take advantage of cleans and tougher lines. Now it’s literally a blitz of attacks with no organization or strategy involved. If this continues I’ll also be asking for a refund back for a waste of money into what formally was a great game for tactics and strategy and truly needed a whole guild effort. I hope you all listen and dramatically adjust this new system.

2 Likes

Nice knowing y’all

1 Like

Farewell Felicia :wink:

Jokes aside. Their arguments are still correct :wink:
The last war system was not perfect but this one is worst…
There are still interesting elements.

• The new mage towers are interesting but they should affect all the towers to have more challenge.
  • Having to destroy all the towers to win (for more active guilds) is also a good thing. But like so many already said, its possible to clear the map too fast with all the attack points available right from the start.
    If they want to keep the 24h time limit, a maximum of attacks or refresh could be a solution. And if we went back to generate points over time, they would need to make the war last longer (was it so bad having a 2 days war :sweat_smile: ? )
1 Like

First tiebreaker :

Nice :crazy_face:

So new war definitely needs tweaking but beyond the obvious elimination of the first tiebreaker.

First it is far too easy to clear the map for top 5-10 guilds. One potential fix is to increase the effectiveness of towers. Another and to me far more interesting fix would be to either eliminate refreshes or increase the cost to a point that refresh use is very rare to none. We have 69 heroes but under current rules you don’t need to use more than 10 heroes and still afford 51 cleans. 91 if you use three metas. You also don’t really need full guild participation.

By making refreshing cost prohibitive or eliminating it entirely, you’ll bring in more guild cooperation, more creative lines, and slow the pace of the war to a more manageable level.

In its current form, once the tiebreaker rule is fixed, maps will need to be cleared in under ten hours is my guess when the top guilds finally do meet. This is taking down a line every 4 minutes 20 seconds or faster. That isn’t that fast but, in the approve before hitting format most guilds follow, approving a line in that time frame for ten hours straight will cause so much burn out amongst war chiefs.

1 Like

And slightly over eight hours into war, the guild with the fourth most guild power is on the last tower. However, they will lose to the guild with the second most guild power because the second most guild power guild only deployed 137 lines not 138.

Tiebreakers that will work better but still have issues.

First to clear map (doesn’t fix the problem that war is too easy and war would favor some time zones and prevent others from participating)

Most remaining attack credits (potentially could clear map first with fewer losses but lose because your guild isn’t full)

Best win percentage. (Leads to messing with total lines to make losses more costly in terms of win percentage).

I’m sure there are others worth considering.

Edit: sunshine cleared map in less than eight hours thirty minutes and will lose.

3 Likes

Indeed @Drathuk_II Its possible to clear the map way too fast and some members didnt have the opportunity to attack because of timezones :confused:
A lot of solutions have been suggested. Pb just need to pick one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First tie breaker: total attack credits used… that way refreshes and cleans are taken into account.

3 Likes

So it is clear : first tie breaker is designed for top guilds to post the least amount of defenses. Legends finished with less than ten minutes in war to go gets the win when other team (sunshine) finished almost 16 hours before. Gonna fix it now per-blue?

2 Likes