We have an exciting change to Hero progression that we hope will allow you to diversify your team rosters and return some favorite Heroes to the meta. We’ve heard your feedback about the current state of Portal Quest’s content cadence. We understand that it can be tiring to keep up with new Heroes and rarities coming out so often. With that in mind, we’d like to announce the beginning of the next phase of Portal Quest with: Hero Ascension.
When a Hero reaches Gold+14 and meets all the requirements of Ascension, you will be able to “Ascend’’ it. Ascending a Hero will reset it back to White Rarity. The Hero’s skills and stats retain the effective power of the level they had when they were Ascended. Essentially, Heroes start fresh and you re-level them, going through the existing progression process for substantial, continued power scaling. Ascending and re-leveling your heroes will give you a leg up over your opponents! We’ll be adding existing Heroes to the Ascendable Pool each month. Some of these heroes might also get a base stat refresh if needed, when we enable them for Ascension!
To start off, we will begin enabling heroes for Ascension on Server 1 on Thursday, March 18th. We will announce the first few heroes that will be made available for Ascension when we get closer to the release date. We will keep a very close eye on your feedback on Server 1 and make any necessary adjustments to the system before rolling the feature out to Servers 8 and 11. As part of the release of Ascension we are putting a pause on new heroes, chapters, and rarities on Server 1 so that you can focus on the new feature and resulting metas!
How Ascension Works:
How To Ascend
- When a hero becomes available for Ascension, it will appear in the “Ascension” hero list filter as “Ascendable”.
- Heroes that have Ascension available but haven’t met all of the requirements will display an empty star in the lower right corner of their panel on the Heroes Screen.
- Clicking on the empty star shows all of the remaining requirements that Hero needs to meet before they can be Ascended
- Once all of the requirements are met, the star on the Hero’s Panel will be filled in to signify that the Hero is ready for Ascension
- You can Ascend your heroes from the Rating section of the Stats tab in the Hero Screen.
- You must have the appropriate number of your hero’s unique “Ascension Shards" to Ascend it.
- For now, you will only be able to Ascend a hero once.
Display Level vs Effect Level
- Hero level and skill levels will display the current level post-Ascension as well as what would be the total Effective Level, in parentheses.
- For Example: A Newly Ascended hero’s Effective Level would be equal to 286 while it’s Display Level is 1.
- Skills that rely on level checks for success will always use Effective Level.
Ascension Stats Scaling
- When a hero Ascends it will continue to scale beyond its previous max power.
- This will give Ascended heroes an edge over non-Ascended heroes as they progress!
- After a hero is Ascended it will reuse all existing costs for the following areas of progression:
- Hero Level
- Skill Levels
- Epic (Epic skills will now require Ascension stones as well as Hero Shards to level up.)
- After Ascension becomes available for a hero, you will be able to acquire their Ascension Shards in the following places:
- Gold chests
- Elite Campaign
- Guild Shop
- Heroic Chests
- When you Ascend a Hero, its Hero Essences become locked in and can no longer be removed.
- You can spend Hero XP to Ascend Essences on an Ascended hero.
- Ascending an essence will add on to the current bonus stats granted by leveling Hero Essences!
- Honor Skill level caps will be directly tied to Hero Essence Tiers
- You can unlock new level caps by completing Tiers
- A Hero’s Max Level and the Max Level of its skills will be unlocked by reaching new Rarities after it’s Ascended
The Rankings screen will have a new ranking option for “Player Ascension Level”
- A Hero’s Ascension Level is equal to how many times it has been Ascended.
- This ranks players based on the total number of Ascension Levels they have so you can see how you compare to other players on the server.
We’re all very excited about the changes coming to Portal Quest! We think you’ll enjoy the revitalization of some of your favorite, older heroes and the expanded possibilities for PvP competitiveness unlocked by Ascension! Our goal with the Ascension system is to give you another way to continue to engage with the features and community that you love. Please let us know what you think!