Hero Spotlight: Ember Wisp

Ember Wisps are said to live on battlefields, taking the spark of life from dying warriors and using it to kindle new strength in their allies. Their unseen giggles are considered good luck to generals and a bad omen to soldiers.

Tips for using Ember Wisp:

• Ember Wisp is one of the few Heroes in the game that really thrives at taking an early advantage and running with it.
  • Her Blue skill, Please Recycle, really stands out as being one of the only support skills that can be a consistent source of energy generation and healing.
    • With healing and energy generation being covered by one Hero, this allows you more freedom with your four other Hero slots.
    • Since Please Recycle doesn’t have a cooldown, don’t be afraid to bring along two or more Damage Heroes to proc this early and often.
    • The faster your enemies die, the faster your team is going to gain energy and health.
    • Use Heroes that have impactful Blue skills to help ensure an early lead.
    • Heroes like Nightstalker, Cogmaster, Scarred Brawler, and Salty Merc tend to work well.
  • Ember Wisp also has the potential to provide a little more damage than the average support.
    • Her White skill, This Too Shall Pass, can actually deal a lot of damage if gone unchecked.
    • A lot of this skill’s power is tied to its ability to reset on enemy deaths.
    • Keep in mind that the reset will still happen if the enemy is killed by another source.
    • Taking other Heroes with area-of-effect skills or skills that target lowest health enemies can be a great way to ensure this gets to reset on another enemy.
    • Heroes like Princess Portal, Hex Witch, Grizzled Hunter, and Oasis Guardian work great.
  • In general you’ll want to avoid using Ember Wisp against other support heavy teams.
    • Strong healers can really shutdown her snowball potential from Please Recycle.
    • Since her White skill does apply Bleed, it can removed by Heroes with Bless so you’ll want to avoid using her against Mystic Punk.
    • She also isn’t that effective when used against another Ember Wisp since Please Recycle procs from ally or enemy deaths.

Have you been investing in Ember Wisp? If so do you have any thoughts on who to pair her with, or what situations she’s especially good in? Also, is there anything you think we could improve for Ember Wisp? Let us know!

dafuq is blue mage?! :laughing:

Are Royal Sorceress and Blue Mage dev names for Princess Portal and Mystic Punk?

Yes, I believe so.

:upside_down_face:

Just like Mother Nature aka Willow Druid, those were probably their previous names before they were changed at some time.

Guay no está nada mal

In the description of “please recycle”, it says 25 energy is given to the hero who can make the best use of it

What does this mean?

I have done the math, here’s my conclusions. @Sticker_Warchief @Baron_Hans_II

Dev Actual
ANTIHERO Rogue Bowman
BLUE_MAGE Mystic Punk
CHOSEN_ONE Loyal Squire
DARK_MAGICAL_GIRL Hex
DRAGON_LADY Warblade
DUMBLEDORE Storm Wizard
ENGINEER Cogmaster
GIRL_BACK_HOME Wander Woman
GRUG Skull Buster
HIGHWAYMAN Highwayman
HOUSE Elder Mohawk
HULK Stone Guard
MAGIC_SHREK Feral Brute
MASS_DESTRUCTION Mass Destruction
MOTHER_NATURE Willow Druid
NECROMANCER Void Caster
PALADIN Light Warden
PRINCESS_BUTTERCUP Princess Portal
PROFESSOR_MCGONAGALL Spell Binder
PUMBAA Birdbarian
REBEL Nightstalker
STOICK Gingerbeard
SWASHBUCKLER Swashbuckler
THE_BEAST Totem Prince
VETERAN_CAPTAIN Grizzled Hunter
WATER_ELEMENTAL Oasis Guardian
WILE_E_COYOTE Satyr Fox
YODA Forest Hermit
NOOB_HERO Noob Hero
SCARRED_BRAWLER Scarred Brawler
VIKING_SHIELDMAIDEN Shield Maiden
WORGEN Howling Claw
LADY_KNIFE_FIGHTER Whirling Dagger
HARDENED_MERC Salty Merc
THE_GRIZZ The Grizz
POISON_MAGE Scion of Chaos
WISP Ember Wisp
UNICORN Pony
WRAITH Grave Wraith
ICE_BERG Ice Berg
TWIN_TRACKERS Twin Trackers

I am having trouble with dungeon I had over 85 torches an I only got to level 28 before I ran out of them not sure what happend. To them?

Obviously, you used them :wink:

On some bigger floors, walking back and forth can cost you a lot of torches. Fast walking (swapping between places you’ve already explored) also consumes torches so that probably helped consume a lot more.

You can keep track of your live amount of torches in the top right corner while dungeoning, so you can do that if you want to make sure you don’t spend too many.

Edit: There’s also a chance you went to the epic dungeon (if you’re on server 1). If so, there torches burn twice as fast. This is probably not what happened to you though.