The Scion of Chaos, a master of eldritch poisons, draws cruel pleasure from the slow, gurgling screams of his victims… and also, cheese.
Tips for using Scion of Chaos:
- Scion of Chaos is a Hero that relies on the Bleed debuff to really be effective in combat. Whether he’s enabling his allies or just reaping the benefits of their hard work, you’ll want to build a team around him that can support the unique interaction between his Blue and White skills.
- His Blue skill, Potent Toxins, has two important parts to understand.
- The initial cast of the skill throws down a vial of toxins at his feet that deals a significant amount of area of effect damage.
- This can be useful for shutting down any sneaky enemies like Swashbuckler and Whirling Dagger that get to your backline early in fights.
- The passive effect of the skill allows any source of damage from your allies to apply a stack of Bleed to enemies. This is separate from any Bleed that they can already apply on their own.
- Scion’s Bleed can stack on itself but each ally can only apply one instance of it to each enemy.
- This skill is great against enemies using a single Damage Hero in the frontline. Since that Hero will most likely draw all the aggro, you should see multiple stacks of Bleed pile up on them quickly.
- Using Heroes with area of effect spells is a great way to maximize damage as well since they will be applying Bleed to multiple enemies.
- All this work trying to stack as much Bleed as possible pays off huge when it’s time to cast Scion’s White skill, Adding Injury to Injury.
- This skill can only hit enemies affected by Bleed and does extra damage per stack of Bleed on them.
- Coupling Scion with other Heroes that can already apply Bleed is a great way to ensure you’ll have plenty of targets available once he is ready to cast his White skill.
- One of his best synergies in the game comes from Sparkle Pony, who applies Bleed to the entire team and weakens their Aspects. This is the perfect setup for Scion of Chaos to deal tons of damage.
- Don’t forget that Scion of Chaos also has the Focus Friend skill.
- Make sure to bring along a few Focus Heroes that synergize well with the rest of his kit.
- Some of his Focus BFFs include Hex Witch, Howling Claw, Shield Maiden, and Ember Wisp.
Have you been investing in Scion of Chaos? If so do you have any thoughts on who to pair him with, or what situations he’s especially good in? Also, is there anything you think we could improve for Scion of Chaos? Let us know!