Hero Spotlight: Scion of Chaos

The Scion of Chaos, a master of eldritch poisons, draws cruel pleasure from the slow, gurgling screams of his victims… and also, cheese.

Tips for using Scion of Chaos:

• Scion of Chaos is a Hero that relies on the Bleed debuff to really be effective in combat. Whether he’s enabling his allies or just reaping the benefits of their hard work, you’ll want to build a team around him that can support the unique interaction between his Blue and White skills.
  • His Blue skill, Potent Toxins, has two important parts to understand.
    • The initial cast of the skill throws down a vial of toxins at his feet that deals a significant amount of area of effect damage.
    • This can be useful for shutting down any sneaky enemies like Swashbuckler and Whirling Dagger that get to your backline early in fights.
    • The passive effect of the skill allows any source of damage from your allies to apply a stack of Bleed to enemies. This is separate from any Bleed that they can already apply on their own.
    • Scion’s Bleed can stack on itself but each ally can only apply one instance of it to each enemy.
    • This skill is great against enemies using a single Damage Hero in the frontline. Since that Hero will most likely draw all the aggro, you should see multiple stacks of Bleed pile up on them quickly.
    • Using Heroes with area of effect spells is a great way to maximize damage as well since they will be applying Bleed to multiple enemies.
  • All this work trying to stack as much Bleed as possible pays off huge when it’s time to cast Scion’s White skill, Adding Injury to Injury.
    • This skill can only hit enemies affected by Bleed and does extra damage per stack of Bleed on them.
    • Coupling Scion with other Heroes that can already apply Bleed is a great way to ensure you’ll have plenty of targets available once he is ready to cast his White skill.
    • One of his best synergies in the game comes from Sparkle Pony, who applies Bleed to the entire team and weakens their Aspects. This is the perfect setup for Scion of Chaos to deal tons of damage.
  • Don’t forget that Scion of Chaos also has the Focus Friend skill.
    • Make sure to bring along a few Focus Heroes that synergize well with the rest of his kit.
    • Some of his Focus BFFs include Hex Witch, Howling Claw, Shield Maiden, and Ember Wisp.

Have you been investing in Scion of Chaos? If so do you have any thoughts on who to pair him with, or what situations he’s especially good in? Also, is there anything you think we could improve for Scion of Chaos? Let us know!

Really petty of me to ask this one…

In his hero avatar pic scion has red eyes.
In battle he has green eyes.

He looks a lot more deadly with red eyes.

Aesthetics is all I’m after

Give him red eyes in battle :yum::sunglasses:

His parternship with hex and totem is great.

He just looks like an oversized rat with green eyes, Scion needs those red eyes!

Scion of Chaos is a Hero that relies on the Bleed debuff to really be effective in combat. Whether he’s enabling his allies or just reaping the benefits of their hard work, you’ll want to build a team around him that can support the unique interaction between his Blue and White skills.

Ojos rojos vamos dadle duro

I will need to use him in a team before I can assess what value he has.

Same I will have to test him out before I can evaluate him.

Realy Nice i love the dicine

En test avant tout avis de ma par

My experience against him is that he is overpowered. Any hero I have going against him gets multiple bleed effects and dies within seconds. I haven’t used him though because I don’t have him.

Haven’t got him yet. But I like the look of him in dungeon. Would like it if hero had the red eyes

Before I can comment on him. I gotta get him. Still working on that

Do you want to be remotely competent in arena? Well having a 5 star scion is an absolute must otherwise have fun rotting in whatever God forsaken league you’re in.

I like him. I use him with Sparkle, Claw and Squire and they do a lot of damage in arena.

Scion is a beast when paired with right heros!! I was running Scion with Pony, as soon as I received Pony. My Crusade team, which I run on Normal, for the 1.5 gold addition.

Front Lines:
War Blade
Howling Claw

Backline:
Forest Hermit
Sparkling Pony
Scion of Chaos

Remember!!! Use Pony first, and wait a second untill it’s damage hits, because if you use Scion to soon after, and Ponys team bleeding doesn’t effect yet, Scion is wasted.
War Blade Defender skill is immediately at start, so dont use Hermit shield, until you notice hero’s taking damage. Aside from Claw being an enemy hero blender, his Excess Baggage, along with Ponys, Ponys Healing cloud, and energy feed at end of wave. Hermits energy feed as well. Keeps team all full energy for next wave start. If running Crusade on Easy difficulty, you will regain health and energy at end of Each wave too. So you will start every wave always full. , Wars- Bolster, Ponys bleed, wait 1 second… Scions - Insult to injury… And watch enemy teams health disappear. No one makes me bleed my own blood… accept Scion^;

I love Scion. Got promoted from gold 2 to challenger in 1 day (or how long it takes to get promoted in Arena) thanks to Scion. Definitely my favorite!

Ehm, that’s quite the exaggeration. It’d take at least one to two weeks.

reading the various skills of the hero I can say that it seems very strong and balanced

Awesome can’t wait to get him