Greetings Players of Portal Quest! As a new year dawns on Ember and the rest of the real world, we figured it was a good time to talk about what’s in store for Portal Quest in early 2018. With Portal Quest’s 1 Year Anniversary just around the corner, it’s also a good time to look back and see how much the game has grown and evolved throughout the last year.
To start things off, a few quick stats about Portal Quest during 2017:
Number of New Heroes Launched: 17
Number of New Chapters added to the Campaign: 6
Number of Servers launched: 4 (with Server 5 launching today!)
New major features added:
- Guild War
- Guild Influence/Perks System
- Royal Tournament
- Endless, Boss, and Epic Dungeons
- Contests and Guild Contests
Since Portal Quest’s launch, the game has continued to evolve and grow, and 2018 will not be an exception to this trend! Our current major focus is on a pair of key areas: Improving the Guild War experience, and making the overall Dungeon experience more rewarding and easy to participate in. Before reading on, a brief caveat: Much of this is still being actively developed, so all of this information is subject to change!
Guild War Improvements
- We will be adding management tools to alleviate the stress of war logistics from Guild Leaders and make it a smoother, more enjoyable experience all around.
- In addition to a number of time-saving improvements, players will soon be seeing a “Resting” bonus that will allow you to double, triple, or even quintuple any Dungeon drop you get. This should help ease the pressure you might feel to have to Dungeon constantly and allow you to get more of exactly that thing you’re searching for.
New: Guild Cooperative/Competitive Feature
- This will come a little later as adding a new feature to the game comes second to improving the ones we already have, but this will be our next big feature for PQ 2.0!
- Your Guild will choose a Faction and compete with other Guilds against opposing Factions by completing Quests in this week long event. Everyone gets loot boxes, but the fun spoils will go to the Guilds in the Faction with the most points! Did someone say Hero Skins?
- And more! New Heroes, Bosses, Chapters, and a bunch of things you have been asking for to make your Portaling and Questing experience better!
The world of Ember is growing like crazy and it’s awesome to see so many new players experiencing and enjoying the game every month! Portal Quest is stronger than it’s ever been and it’s clear the game is just as important to all of you as it is to us. We are dedicated to continue building this game we all love for you and our future players! And we can’t do it without an amazing community, that provides great feedback that continues to form the foundation of the game’s future. We want to thank everyone out there playing the game, and an extra special thank you to all players that have taken the time to share their feedback and thoughts with us.
Here’s to an awesome 2018 in the world of Ember!