Welcome to Portal Quest 1.8!
This patch brings you a whole new way to Dungeon - and something to do with all of those extra Hero Shards! We’ve revamped Well Effects, how Dungeon Resetting works, added some additional Boss Keys, and made Torch collection simpler!
Epic Gear, Epic Abilities, and the Epic Dungeon (Server 1)
With the introduction of Orange Gear, we are also introducing Epic Gear, which equips existing Heroes with new Epic Skills. These passive skills, different for every Hero, can be Forged within the Epic Dungeon.
The Epic Dungeon has two requirements: A team of Orange Rarity Heroes, and Epic Dungeon Keys. Once you have at least one Hero on your team at Orange, Epic Dungeon Keys will drop in Trapped Chests and Boss Chests in the Endless Dungeon daily. This has a 3x daily drop limit similar to Boss Keys.
When you have a complete team of Heroes at Orange Gear level and you have collected Epic Dungeon Keys, it’s time to head to the Epic Dungeon! The Epic Dungeon works the same way as the other Dungeons, with it’s own set of Shrines and Wells. Be wary, though! The Epic Dungeon is more challenging and consumes Torches twice as fast as Endless and Boss Dungeons.
Once in the Epic Dungeon, you are eligible to collect Epic Gear Shards in Chests for any Heroes you bring in. You will also encounter new Epic versions of Bosses! Any Hero that is capable of equipping Epic Gear (see list below) can appear as an Epic Boss with their new ability. Once you’ve defeated them, look for higher chance of Epic Gear Shards in the Boss Chest for any eligible Hero in your party.
Once you have enough Hero Shards and Epic Gear Shards, look for the Blacksmith and his Epic Forge on each Floor of the Epic Dungeon. He’s easy to spot, just look for the Forge icon:
Epic Forge (Server 1)
At the Blacksmith, you can spend Hero Shards and Epic Gear Shards to create and/or upgrade Epic Gear for your Hero.
Each Forge has 3 limited-time Forge Charges, and you can hold a maximum of 20 per day; they will remain until you reset the Epic Dungeon. Each time you Forge a new Item, or upgrade an existing Item, it costs 1 Forge Charge.
Heroes with Epic Gear will be shown in the Heroes list with an orange star:
Here, Hex Witch has forged her Epic Gear Forged, but Mystic Punk is still waiting!
With this release, the following Heroes have Epic Gear available:
- Oasis Guardian
- Howling Claw
- Rogue Bowman
- Mystic Punk
- Wander Woman
- Shield Maiden
- Forest Hermit
- Hex Witch
- Scion of Chaos
Be sure to check them out in game for details!
Royal Tournament: Saved Lineups
Tired of rearranging your lineups for each battle? Good news! Now you can save up to ten Royal Tournament lineups!
In the Hero Chooser, tap Load Saved to view your teams:
In the next screen, you can arrange, save, and select a lineup:
Royal Tournament: Successful Defense Rewards
We’ve changed how the Successful Defense rewards work! Instead of needing all three successful defenses, the rewards are granted on a per-defeat basis. Individual defense rewards are based on current tier in Royal Tournament. Now that it’s more common, the Tokens given have been lowered down to 1/3rd to represent a single fight.
Orange Gear & Level Cap Increase (Server 1)
The new Team Level cap for server one will be 95.
New Chapter 12: Welcome to Atlantarctica
Join our Heroes as they journey through a frozen wonderland, and welcome Rogue Bowman back from his mystical, rainbow trip.
Improved Well Effects
- Cleansing Potion will now remove one random Debuff from EACH Hero
- Blood of the Bull will now revive a Hero chosen by the player
- Healing Potion will now fully heal all Heroes in the Party
Improved Reset Behavior
Each Dungeon (Endless, Boss, and the new Epic) can now be reset once per day, independent of other Dungeons.
Boss Key and Torches
We’re adding a daily Quest to claim Torchers (much like Raid Tickets). The number of Torches available will be a function of a player’s Dungeon XP level and the Guild Perk bonus (Torch Welfare). As part of this change, players will be able to collect a maximum of 1000 Torches. If you have 1000+ Torches, you will be unable to claim the Quest, but you can still collect them via Merchants, Contests, and Events. Torches will no longer drop in the Campaign.
Design Note: The overall goal here is to remove the odd side effect of randomly gathering Torches while Campaign raiding and link them more closely with your Dungeon XP Level. The intent is that Torch collection feels roughly the same if not slightly more generous than existing Torch drops. This will be something we plan to keep an eye on after the update.
The Shrine Daily Quest now gives a Boss Key!
Boss Dungeon Difficulty Adjustments
We’ve adjusted the difficulty of Normal and Hard Boss Dungeon!
New Hero: Ice Berg
When the aurora glows on a cold night, Ice Berg can almost remember when her kind ruled a great city… Ice Berg is a Front Line Finesse Tank and her Shards can be found in Gold Chests.
Ice Berg hurls any nearby enemies in front of her across the battlefield. Enemies get Knocked Back, take damage, and are Stunned.
This Hero can’t be knocked back. Has a chance to fail against higher level Enemies.
At the start of combat, Ice Berg thickens her outer layers of ice armor to create a zone of unbearable frost. This grants her increased Max Health and Slows all nearby enemies indefinitely.
Takes no damage from Crit or Bleed effects.
Has a chance to fail against enemies above their level.
Hero Balance Changes: Wander Woman
We’re working to give Wander Woman a boost. Look for a more detailed post next week on exact stat changes!
Hero Location Changes
- Oasis Guardian will appear in the War Shop, replacing Scarred Brawler
- Scarred Brawler will move into Chapters 11 and 12
- Chapter 12 will contain: Princess Portal, Scarred Brawler, Wisp, Satyr Fox, and Shield Maiden
- Oasis Guardian will now drop in Gold Chests
- Loyal Squire will now appear in the Crusade Shop
- Swashbuckler will now appear in the Fortress Shop
- Scarred Brawler will now appear in the War Shop
- Feral Brute will now appear in the Royal Tournament Shop
Gold Chest Tweaks and Hero XP Increases
- Tripled the quantity of Hero XP that appears in Gold Chests (appears at the same rate)
- Doubled the quantity of Gold that appears in Gold Chests (appears at the same rate)
- Higher difficulty tiers in The Pinnacle now drop up to 50% more Hero XP
Bug Fixes and Other Changes
- Check out the new Icon here for the holidays!
- Corrected the Fight Refill text info for players with Royal Tournament VIP Perks
- Fixed some errors that can occur when Skipping Floors in the Dungeon
- Opponent Power will now be correctly displayed in the Hero Chooser screen
- Using the ‘Back’ button on Android will no longer post in progress chat messages
- Fixed a combat crash caused by some skills
- War Stamina timer will now correctly update for Escalation time
- Fixed some issues with German text getting cut off/displayed incorrectly
- Fixed a crash with War Stamina donations
- Several phones experienced incorrect stretching, cutting some images off. This has been fixed!