PQ 1.8 Patch Notes

I hope they add different heros to the crusade shop

Add A Trade System for only guild members, like have an option in Guild where u can drop items there and guild members can buy them off the drop off item option but will cost small amount of influence to get it depending on what item

You can bring Stone, you just won’t get stone epic shards with her being there. Unclear whether bringing 4 eligible heroes instead of 5 reduces the amount of shards you will earn overall.

Initial thoughts on 1.8.

I started to read the patch notes last night and got as far as another new dungeon and the new gear and skills that come with it. That’s as far as I got. I actually came here to say that I have no more time to invest in another new game feature. I’m done. But I deleted my post so as not to over react to quickly.

By coincidence neither of my guilds (FLEEstivus s1, Sticks n Stones s2) were at War last night. First time this has ever happened. So I found myself in Dungeon and enjoying it. And I realized something, it’s not all the dungeons or the grind of building new Heroes, in fact I actually like this part of the game. Building new heroes or adding new gear should not be easy.
The problem is that war takes so much time and effort that I never have time to do the other aspects of the game.

So I find myself in a catch-22 and I believe that the new update will make it even more so.

Running a successful Guild requires time. So much so, that I almost can’t play the rest of the game, but if I can’t play the rest of the game my own character won’t be able to keep up and remain useful in a top Guild. Not only would this not be fair to my team but I wouldn’t enjoy it. The bottom line is I don’t know how long I can continue playing if I constantly feel like I’m letting my team down by either 1. Not being available to help with war planning or 2. Allowing my character to fall further and further behind.

I miss the mad rush of 15 minute Wars. It’s probably what got me hooked on this game in the first place.

My solution to this is a simple one. Shorten Wars or replace it altogether. At this point I don’t even care about the influence earned to build our Maps. ( I have what I think is a pretty good idea on what to replace it with which I will share in another post)

Tldr cliff note:
War as it is now is ruining the fun of the game.

Sincerely,
The Lord Bert Stone

I’m with @Lord_Sticker on this one… Does this patch come with a life extension to 30 hour days?

All of this looks interesting. Two questions: 1) when will this update drop? And 2) will I ever get my apostrophes back?

What happens if they do auto upgrade

Wait stone is a girl?!

Yep. Stone guard is female.

When will the update happen on server3?

Short answers, in order: no, Boss Key, Epic Keys are their own drop rate.

Longer answer:

1. Epic Keys don’t affect your Boss Key daily count cap (but they do have their own)
  2. The Daily Quest Key is a Boss Key
  3. Epic Keys are added as an additional drop on the current Dungeon drops; you could theoretically get both a Boss Key and Epic Key from the same Boss drop (though it is likely to be pretty rare)

We’re definitely aiming towards MORE Torches and Keys, and we’ll be keeping an eye on drop rates and adjusting as necessary.

Thanks for the answers Iron! I had a lot of other questions that I posted throughout the thread, I consolidated them here for ease of answering (if you have time):

Question 1:
1 - So you only get shards of heroes you bring in that have orange skills. Does the amount of eligible heroes you bring change the drop rate?

For example, say I bring 5 eligible heroes. When I get a shard from a chest it could be for any of them. But if I only bring 1 eligible hero, the shard will have to be for them. But does less heroes mean less shards overall will drop? Or is the drop rate constant regardless of how many heroes you bring?

2 - It says when you defeat an epic boss the chance for shards rises. Does it rise for all heroes you brought? Or only the hero you defeated? Does that raised chance persist even after you reset? Or is it only for that specific run?

Question 2:
Do heroes have to be 5* before you can give them orange skills @ironangel

how many keys does it take to unlock the epic dungeon?

Question 3:

the changes that were supposedly made in the 11/29 update that added XP and improved the gold drop never seemed to make it live. Are those actually coming this patch?

can we expect the update to come out soon or do we have to wait a few morw days? @Ironangel

Ummm all sounds good.

I HAVE NEARLY 1000 SHARDS FOR LOYAL SQUIRE DAMMMMIIITT.
I thought i had a special relationship with you guyz.!

@Sticker_Warchief:

1 - So you only get shards of heroes you bring in that have orange skills. Does the amount of eligible heroes you bring change the drop rate?
The loot drop checks against each of your Heroes. If it’s Eligible, it could drop a Gear Shard. If it finds a Hero that’s not Eligible it will drop Purple or Orange Scraps. This includes going in with an “empty” slot; it will just give you top tier Scraps if it lands on an empty Hero.

2 - It says when you defeat an epic boss the chance for shards rises. Does it rise for all heroes you brought? Or only the hero you defeated? Does that raised chance persist even after you reset? Or is it only for that specific run?
That was the simplified way to say it for the Patch Notes, but essentially if you defeat an Epic Boss, the Boss Chest rolls for one of your Heroes in your Party. If the Hero it selects is Epic Gear Eligible, it actually guarantees an Epic Gear Shard. If it’s not Eligible, it will be Purple or Orange Gear Scrap.

Do Heroes have to be 5 before you can give them orange skills?*
Nope, you can Forge their Gear regardless of how many Stars that Hero has.

How many keys does it take to unlock the epic dungeon?
9 Keys

the changes that were supposedly made in the 11/29 update that added XP and improved the gold drop never seemed to make it live. Are those actually coming this patch?
It should be the improved drops. We will double check to make sure the Dungeon drop stats are what we actually intend them to be when the update rolls out.

So when is the update supposed to roll out to server 1 then? I know they probably don’t want to tell since they are trying to sell keys and torches… but I’m nosey. SO…

It’s in Apple and Google’s hands right now. PerBlue has no control of when those companies approve their update.

@Ironangel will the daily quest boss key take 1 spot on the boss key cap. Say i already hit the key cap do i still get the key.

"Balance Changes: Wander Woman

We’re working to give Wander Woman a boost. Look for a more detailed post next week on exact stat changes!"

Any word on this yet? Details, please.

Your answer was already in the thread:

As an answer to:

Which means you can get 4 boss keys in total every day, 3 from dungeon, 1 from the quest.