Server 8: Choose the Sign-in Hero for May!

The Hero with the most votes will be next month’s Sign-in Hero on Server 8! Voting closes Monday, April 26th, at 9:00 am CST.

• Brimstone
  • Saber Tooth
  • Electressa
  • Venom Fist
  • Hydressa
  • Cyber Strike
  • Granny Gardener
  • Fierce Pharaoh
  • Lil Squid
  • Soul Collector

0 voters

2 Likes

How can there be a new toon when we all have the toones on this list

1 Like

They released the toons too fast, need to delay for nearly 12 weeks until s8 reaches 285 lol

1 Like

Dunno any of these heroes but gonna say Brimstone

Walt wasn’t this also done for s1?

Where we voted brimstone too, because we chase the team power shards

Wait, so no more heroes? :champagne::champagne::champagne:

1 Like

Welllllll… Two.

Hollow King (think Shovel Knight / Rogue Legacy rip off) and someone else I can’t even remember

1 Like

Oh… Yes…

giphy

1 Like

The Dems told me to vote early, vote often. So I did. What are we voting on again? Oh no I’m getting Biden syndrome :laughing:

Gail Force and Hollow King are the only two S8 lacks, as far as I know.

That is a gif of the character “Gail Force”.
Justin Fletcher did it before per blue :wink:

Originally I wrote that he did it first @Donsmythe , but I’m pretty sure that the punny name has been used throughout history by burlesque performers, exotic dancers, drag queens and many other entertainers.

I am curious which of these per blue stol…
Sorry.
I am curious which of these per blue is paying homage to.

Yeah, I never watch TV so I missed that. But your question certainly stands. I too, wonder for whom it is a “homage”. It’ll note that it does seem that the PQ character has at least some minor resemblance to Justin’s character…

It would be nice to know where some of the inspiration comes from (without landing anyone in trouble with copyright infringement, or owing royalties lol).

Perhaps I am being harsh to per blue, as it as so hard to have a truly unique idea any more.

The best example of this was from a book of essays (the type of which no-one seems to write anymore!)

‘Nothing New Under the Sun’ in Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman (1998).

In this essay, Fadiman said: “In the incestuous world of cookbookery, there seems to be no such thing as a plagiarism. Add a sprig of rosemary and the recipe is yours.”

Then she added a footnote:
I stole this line from Dan Okrent. However, I made it mine by changing “teaspoon” to “sprig.”

(There’s a lot more in it about Virgil and Elliot… Etc)

The overarching theme is that Literature is theft.

Anyways, the point I was making (at least I think there was a point…)
Depending on who you believe, all stories are one of a tiny number of tropes.
The number ranges from 5 to 10.
But every single fiction we consume in any form can be put into one of those boxes.
It’s a fun game to play, trying to beat the system.
Requiem for a dream
Naked lunch
Barton fink
Are fun ones to throw people that are new to the idea into a headspin trying to pigeonhole… :slight_smile:

Anyways, soon be time to ascend and make all these heroes irrelevant and bring back the ones they had time to design at the beginning when they actually cared about this game as their #1 priority…

TL:DR?

VOTE BRIMSTONE

There’s a pokemon trainer called “Nessa” which I just learned today

PerBlue Entertainment | Terms of Use | Cookie Policy