This contest was bollocks

I’m sorry but I dont find any benefit in how this contest was setup aside. Crusade, fortress, and arena are all very limited in how much you can actually do each day, arena being the only one you have an opportunity to do more because you can reset, at a very expensive rate, your attacks and buy your way through the cooldowns.

For only the top 3 guilds (which are capable of doing it because of the much higher amount of pay to play players in them) to be able to reach all 5 tiers of the progress rewards leaves a bad taste in the mouths of everyone… especially from the high stress this contest caused since it also came about while portal lords, another guild contest, was going on.

I suggest not ever doing this type of a severely limited contest ever again, and if you do, changing the points system, and not making it one where you have to have 5* both of the newest heroes already.

I SHIMMER Blade agree this contest really sucked big time

Would you be happier if crusade offered 5000 points a fight instead of the measly 500??
So instead of 7500 for a finished run you would earn 75000 points per player
Seems fair if that can be arranged for next time round

@OhRlyeh what do you reckon to that to assist the freeplayers out to earn all progress rewards?

Whales will always whale so let em battle it out for gems spending for top ranks

Just a bit of help for those who struggled to complete 5 tiers

My guild easily got all 5 rewards and far above

I don’t see the pay to play here
Do you pay to attack fortress?
Do you pay to attack crusade?

Both things most guilds can finish 100% daily

Arena is actually also easy, if you know what lines to use and how to counter enemy heroes
I am at challenger in arena, and it’s easy to win most of the times

And I don’t pay, haven’t bought anything for many many months

So where’s the pay to play?

Pay to play is in arena. Paying to reset and keep hitting lines. Cuz that’s where the big points are.
Crusade is 7500 a day
Fortress each person can hit until they are out of heroes. But you only get points for using the suggested heroes.
Arena you got points for winning, and for winning while using fox and merc.

You have only a certain amount of max points you can get a day doing fortress and crusade. The only one you can get more of during the day is arena and it cost big time after resetting like 4 times.

Cottontail, yes, I would have been happier if they were 75000 points for completing crusade instead of 7500. I would have also been happy if they didnt make the progress rewards so ridiculously high in points… it was unnecessary…

1 fight in arena gave me more points than an entire run through of crusade. Just seemed like a very patchwork type of last minute contest

Admittedly this wasn’t my favorite contest… but I found it neat to try and borrow my guildies’ level 70 marrow or cleric heroes to fight along 4 of my level 165s to try to win fortress matches. Much different from borrowing a level 165 to fight with four of my wimpier heroes.

This was a guild contest where u actually needed your guild mates to participate. You couldn’t get to tier 5 easily or at all if other ppl didn’t also do their part.

Oh… and btw, I’m F2P and proud of it. Not going to ever place in the top 10 in any contest but every once in a while I’ll find myself briefly in the top Challenger slot of Arena… usually VERY briefly… but I get there occasionally. :smiley:

This is so true, it hurts :joy:

Well, that’s what guild contests are: everyone needs to do their part & tbh, it was just a bit more effort than doing daylies…

Nice to see something different that everyone could participate in. Thanks PB!

Meh. Another con-test. Your description is apt for most of them CD.

I liked the “limited” contest.

It made a change from the excessive pay to win contests.

Per blue ran a dungeon contest last month.
Which is the fairest and least pay to win contest.

What happened?
Everyone p*ssed and moaned loudly enough about it that odds are it will be a while till the next one.
I loved it, and want more of them.

At the end of the day, progress rewards are for the free to play and the rank rewards are so the whaliest of the whales can get them out and flop them on the table next to each other, so people can measure them…
(Their wallets, dear. Filthy mind you have…)

Hmmm yea this contest was stupid.

1. Two heroes ppl either dont yse often or havent completely leveled up yet unless u pay to play.

2. Not every guild has maxed players some are still developing. So how can they take advantage.

3. Arena is pay to play cause to reset n cool down those are diamonds u have to spend. And if ur not into doing the fyber rewards as most either take time or requires you to purchase r signup for things u dont need just to get diamonds. and alternative is to buy diamonds which again benefits pay 2 play more.
    -you get points if u win in arena and if you win using sizzle n siren u get bonus technically per character.

4. Fortress unless ur maxed n know the counters for lines it’s possible to use 3 or more to wipe out these lines I use two of my own n a rented one to complete most lines.
    -contest u get points for winning fortress and extra for completing it using sizzle and or siren. But that’s limited since we only have 1 of each and can only rent out 1 hero at a time so. That in turn argues not everyone has these two specifically maxed. So what benefit is it to them. If u want to participate spend more. Seems more like trying to goat the f2p into becoming something they not send that’s p2p

Every contest is designed to encourage you to spend
It’s the free to play business model.

If you want to spend, here’s lots of extra bonuses to thank you for shopping with us.

If you don’t want to spend, then don’t.
It’s not rocket science!
Let the deals and the rank rewards be someone else’s problem, and you get some or all of the progress rewards.

Go say thank you to the whales in the top guilds for paying the per blue development wages , so that you get to have so many hours entertainment for free.

People that spend on this game, get more stuff than people who don’t spend.

Why do we think this is a problem?
Why do we continue to have threads about how it is unfair that people that paid money have an advantage over those that don’t?

What would be the point of spending money if they didn’t?

If this game was sold with an upfront cost, or claimed to be a game where IAP didn’t matter, I would agree with the points you are making.

But it’s a free to play, pay to win mobile game.
Don’t like this IAP structure?
Don’t play it.

As most people know by now
(Yes, mici is on one today)
I have several accounts here.
Some I spend on, some I don’t.

I ended up 4th in rankings where I spent.
I ended up 16th in rankings where I didn’t.

Normally on the actual ridiculously pay to win stamina experience gold diamonds contests, I place in the 1000s.

I enjoyed this contest per blue.
Tweak the scoring a bit and use slightly older heroes.

The sad part of this is there are some actual salient points being made by people in between all the “why can’t free to play keep up with spenders?” BS.

Its It’s not that when ur contests are cheap in that regards. What benefit is this contest. It’s for everyone to play. But if half cant afford it how can the guild as a whole succeed. That makes no sense to. Cant make a guild contest with obstacle like tgat. Cause then in turn this past contest wasnt for f2p to participate as ye. Which means if no one else is buying then that guild is being held back. Because the f2p are involved in a contest in which they cant be f2p because their characters wont be maxed especially with new add ins such as sizzle n siren. No one’s complaing bout the perks but being more sensible so everyone can enjoy the same. It’s bad enough server 8 cant merge because “WERE TOO HEALTHY” which is crock shit. If u in s8 right now it’s dead as a door nail. But I guess because top 3 guilds are spending mostly hundreds of bucks its healthy.

Having a contest built off max performance in which outside the top 5 no other guild is max all across the board so 7and lower it’s more players not maxed in those guilds vs the top 5 maybe 6. And besides that players are leaving to go to other servers or just leaving period. But hey what do we know one sided numbers vs ppl that are actively paying this game.

And pixie my complaint ain’t with you. You just happen to deter the little stuff. But all in sayin is how u expect 100%guild activity if not all of them are up to par. Shit my siren is level 48 purple gear how I’m gonna compete :joy::joy::joy: that nigga will die the moment a skill is activated

Hahahah im glad you added wallets to that cause i was giggling reading my way through :innocent::joy::joy:

That’s the thing… free to play couldnt hit progress rewards even with a couple whales. I’m not speaking for all servers. But on s10, it was extremely difficult. The points were just way too high to reach what was needed for all 3tiers and only the 3guiods that are packed with p2p players were able to do it

I do not pay to play and scored over 1 million points…

A lot of s8 guilds got all rewards hmmmm
Not only the top 3

You don’t have to pay to win
I have been first in some contests (solo and guild) without buying anything