To every thing there is a season

Ecclesiastes 3

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

However you choose to interpret these words is your own personal experience.

I have lost many people in my 42 years on this Earth, from very dear, to people that I said “hello” to in passing on an online pay to win game, to discussing our different points of view on this forum.

These words bring me solace, and allow me to put one foot in front of the other when nothing else could.

I hope that putting them here gives comfort to others.

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

13 Likes

Are you leaving then mici?

1 Like

I said to myself I wasn’t going to do this.

Throughout my 900+ days playing Portal Quest, I have spoken to hundreds, if not thousands, of people in the game , and in associated groups in chat apps.

During that time, i have shared in their joys and challenges and we have laughed and cried.
We have celebrated new relationships, and births and we have seen relationships torn asunder, and people taken from us.

Throughout all of this, the bonds that were made held us together and strengthened with every event.

A little while ago, I deleted all of my chat app accounts. The reasons aren’t important , or anyone’s business that doesn’t already know.

Sadly, another soul was taken from us last weekend and the suddenness has shocked all of the people that knew him.
It is impossible to me to reach all the people that knew him more than me, that I was friends with, and say a word or two to comfort them as they process this in their own way.

I am not the person to speak about T.
Our guild paths never crossed (at least not on this game) and far more eloquent people than me could do a much better job.

I just wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers go out to every single one of you, and I hope that knowledge makes what you are feeling ever so slightly easier to bear.

Mici X

(To answer your original question: No.)

3 Likes

Thank for all your help, advice and wonderfully ironic and at times extremely sarcastic comments.

I hope that you will be around for a while yet and that you will be able to work through whatever you need or have to work through.

Don’t know if it helps Mici and hope I won’t be thought crass, but at such momments the song “The Road Goes Ever On” from animated LOTR comes to mind. The lines including “if you never say hello, you won’t have to say goodbye”. Written by a very dear fellow who passed from us too soon. If we don’t dare the pain of loss, we never know the joy to be gained. Best to you Mici always!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.