Welcome to Portal Quest 1.10!
This update includes tons of improvements requested by you (or at the very least players like YOU!), new surprises for the Dungeon and Guild War, and bonus rewards for doing your Daily Quests! There’s a new Hero…err…or is that “technically” two Heroes?.. so get ready for a Wombeaux Combo and keep reading!
Favor: Dungeon Reward Boosts
The Shrine Goddess is bestowing her Favor upon the Heroes of Ember! While there are still benefits to grinding the Dungeon as much as you can, if you don’t have a ton of time to spend in the Dungeon, you can use Favor to double the Chest rewards of your choosing. If you do spend a ton of time in the Dungeon, GOOD NEWS, this is still a great way to boost your rewards!
As you spend time outside the Dungeon (whether you’re playing Portal Quest or not), you will build up Favor. This resource can be seen on the Dungeon Selection screen alongside a timer that informs you how long until your next Favor is available. Later tiers of Favor collect at a slower rate:
- 1st-3rd Favor - 4 Hours Each
- 4th Favor - 8 Hours
- 5th-8th Favor - 10 Hours Each
- 9th Favor - 12 Hours
Essentially, after a quality 8 hours of sleep, you should have at minimum 2 Favor, with the ability to generate more throughout the day! Worried that you won’t get Favor because you love the dark of the Dungeon? The timer may generate in your Favor, so if you’re a player that takes a lot more time than average to make decisions within the Dungeon, you might find yourself generating a few extra seconds of Favor as well.
Spending Favor is pretty simple! Anytime you open a Chest (whether it’s a Normal, Boss, or a Jackpot Chest), you may choose to use your Favor to double all the rewards in that Chest! If you get Lucky, you could 3x, 4x, or even 5x your rewards! After spending Favor, existing time towards your next Favor is prorated into the previous Tier. So, if you’re 50% of your way to the next Favor, you’ll remain halfway to getting another one.
Note that this bonus will only apply to the original Chest rewards. Additional modifiers won’t have the Favor applied to them.
Dungeon Speed and Sight Adjustments
- Overall Dungeon floors are smaller - later floors of the Dungeon up to 20%
- Entering and Exiting Rooms has been made significantly faster
- Entering and Exiting Rooms is now affected by the Fast Forward Toggle
- An Auto-Finish toggle now exists for Traps and Chests that instantly displays the results as you run into them (no extra button clicks / waiting for reels to stop spinning)
- Players now start a Dungeon with a base Sight bonus of +1
- Sight Shrines are now more common when you have low Sight and are less common as your Sight increases
Dungeon Consumable Items
Enchanted Torch - Increases your Sight radius by a flat 3 Tiles for 24 hours. This effect stacks with other Sight buffs.
Boots of Speed - Transforms your Fast Forward button into a 5x Fast Forward for 24 hours while in Dungeon.
2x Dungeon Gear Scrap - Doubles the Gear Scrap you collect in the Dungeon. This bonus does not apply to Shards or Keys, but can apply to Epic Gear Scraps.
New Shrine / Well Affects for Grave Wraith Dungeon
- Spectral Guardian Shrine: Spawns a Spectral Turtle Minion to aid you at the start of every battle
- Death Shield Well: Grants all members of the party an Auto-Revive on Death
- Weakening Curse Well: Reduces the auto-attack damage of all your Heroes
War Attack Point Bank
Are you a Guild Leader that’s sick of having to manage every little aspect of your Guild’s Attack Points during War? With the new Attack Point Bank, you no longer have to worry about who’s Donating Attack Points to the wrong people!
In 1.10, players will be able to donate their Attack Points to the Guild Bank and Guild Members that are War Chiefs (or higher!) can choose how to distribute those Attack Points to other Members. Donating Points to the bank is just like Donating to a specific Player.
The Bank itself can store unlimited Attack Points, but each Guild Member is still limited in the number of Attack Points they can receive.
Going on vacation for a few days? Good for you! Before you leave, Set yourself to Auto Donate Attack Points. Any future Points generated, will go directly to the Guild Bank. Just remember that Auto-Donate toggles off between Wars!
War Scoring for Tie Breakers
- Did you know that around 25% of all Wars end in a tie!? No one likes to tie! Destroying your opponent’s Keep is still the primary way to win a War, but we’re adding a tie breaker for those Wars that end in a stalemate.
- Each Tower is worth a set number of points and can contribute to your Score once they’re destroyed:
- 1 Point per Defense Line Defeated in any Tower
- 10 Points for destroying a T1 Tower
- 30 Points for destroying a T2 Tower
- 50 Points for destroying a T3 Tower
- 100 Points for destroying a Mage Tower
- 500 Points for destroying the Keep (Still Instant Win!)
- These Points can be found under their picture on the Info page
New Hero(es): Twin Trackers (Server 1)
The Twin Trackers fight as one Hero! They start each battle as ranged, Back Line Fury Damage, but after generating enough energy, they can swap back and forth for a crazy combination of ranged and melee strikes! Their Shards will be in Gold Chests after the update on Server 1.
Calls the other Tracker into combat for a tandem attack. Each Tracker deals damage to the closest enemy. After the attack, the Tracker that entered combat stays while the other leaves.
When entering combat, the active Tracker gains Bless and Bonus Attack. This applies when Wombeaux Combo is activated.
Each Tracker applies their own unique Mark to enemies they damage. If one Tracker damages an enemy with the other’s Mark, they consume the mark to deal damage, heal themselves, and apply their own Mark.
Prey Upon the Weak
Deals additional damage to a target for every percent of Health the target is missing.
Other Major Changes
Weekly Quest and Bonus Rewards
Every week you will be able to build up points and earn extra rewards for doing the things you already do: Daily Quests! Claiming Daily Quests gains you progress towards tiers of rewards. Each Tier you achieve grants you an additional Weekly Quest Reward Box (up to five a week). These function similarly to War Boxes in that you’re provided with three options and you choose one prize!
When your Monday rolls around, you can claim your Weekly Quest Rewards! These can only be claimed on Mondays, but progress is saved week-to-week. So if you miss out one Monday, you can claim them on the next Monday!
Campaign Stamina Cost Tweaks
Campaign Stamina costs are now dynamic. Elite Campaign costs will continue to be double the Normal Campaign costs.
- Stamina Costs
- The newest Chapter will cost 10 Stamina
- The Chapter prior to the newest will cost 8 Stamina
- Every other Chapter costs 6 Stamina
New Guild Perks
- Dungeon Training: Reveals a random object every Floor in the Dungeon
- War Token Bonus: Earn additional War Tokens from successful Guild War Attacks
- War Token Defense Tokens: Earn War Tokens from successful Guild War Attack Defenses
- Bonus Campaign Hero XP: Earn more Hero XP from Campaign Levels
- Heroes & Combat
- Grave Wraith should not trigger Battle-Entrance Skills when Reviving Heroes
- Heroes with the Payout no longer apply their buff an additional time after a Grave Wraith Revive
- Hero XP is now properly awarded from Chests in the Dungeon
- Cleanse Shrine now removes all negative status effects
- Additional fixes have been added to prevent players from getting stuck in the Dungeon Tutorial
- Epic Keys now properly show up on the Endless Dungeon HUD
- Keys now visually count up correctly as they’re earned in the Dungeon
- Epic Gear / Dungeon
- Bosses now show up in later floors of the Epic Dungeon
- Prevented some looping errors from occurring when running into multiple Bosses in a single fight
- Added a description for the Epic Forge Guild Perk
- Improved touch mapping locations on some Google Pixel devices
- Push notifications now work better on devices running Android Oreo
- The Red Dot on the Merchant should now properly display when you have Nuggets to sell
- VIP 14 now correctly includes the Trial Reset benefit
- Updated the Dungeon How-To-Play to better explain Dungeon XP benefits
- Daily Quests
- The Boss Dungeon Daily Quest now only requires a single Boss Kill
- Increased RT Daily Quest Team XP to 200 (Up from 100)
- Increased Endless Dungeon Shrine Daily Quest Team XP to 150 (Up from 100)
- Increased Epic Dungeon Daily Quest Team XP to 300 (Up from 200)
- Increased Boss Dungeon Daily Quest Team XP to 300 (Up from 200)
- Added a Claim All Mail button that claims all the rewards on the Mail screen
- A confirmation pop-up now appears when purchasing 10x Gold or Silver Chests
- Increased the Font size on a handful of devices for consistency