Welcome to Portal Quest 1.4!
A new Chapter, new Gear, a ton of fixes and…CONTESTS! Read on to see what’s coming - including the end of the War Season 1, some tweaks to how War works, and much more! Portal Quest 1.4 is on the way next week!
Get ready, get set, Contests are here! Contests are limited time events here in Portal Quest where you can earn a variety of rewards by completing tasks in game! Here are some fun facts about Contests:
- Compete with yourself and others
- Win rewards for both your overall point total, and your score relative to other players
- Progress Rewards
- You’ll automatically be mailed rewards when you earn enough points!
- Every Contest is different
- Check the Points page to see how to win a particular Contest. Some might be about earning resources, using certain Heroes, or a mix of things
- Different Points for Different Tasks
- Each task shows how many points you get for doing it and whether there’s a max number of times you can do it
- Some tasks have a maximum number of times you can complete them; check the tasks page to see which have limitations
- Contests pit you against everyone on your server; check the Rankings page to see how you stack up against the best
- Your individual rank will update at the start of every new day!
- Rank Prizes
- At the end of the event, you earn rewards based on your numeric or percentile rank. All rewards are delivered via in game mail
Our first contest will start soon - keep an eye out for announcements!
###Chapter 9, Purple +2, Level Cap: 80 (Server 1)
Chapter 9 is here, and Our Heroes’ hunt for Hollows hearkens them to the harrowing halls of a haunted hamlet. Will Light Warden find her long-lost Commander in time? Or will the cruel gears of fate turn out a ghastly future in this ghostly land?
Speaking of Gear, you can now upgrade your Heroes to Purple+2! Be sure to check your team for opportunities to upgrade, and then hit the Campaign!
Finally, the level cap will be raised to 80 on Server 1. Go get 'em!
We’re continuing our quest to make Guild War fun and challenging. Here are a few changes included in 1.4:
- Middle Mage Tower: lower energy suppression from 15% to 10%
- Lower Mage Tower: lower health regen from 4% to 3%
“Flee” is now what we are calling it when a user doesn’t finish a war attack for any reason. Each Guild will be give two grace Flees per War. For these first two Flees only, the following will result:
- Consumes Attack Points
- Mark Attacking Heroes as Used
- Defending Heroes revert to state from before the attack
- NPCs revert to state from before the attack
After your two grace Flees, any future Flees come with a penalty:
- Consume Attack Points
- Mark Attacking Heroes as Used
- Defending Heroes:
- If alive before the attack: set to Full HP/Energy (new)
- If dead before the attack, leave dead; NPCs are defeated
- NPCs are defeated (new)
Flees will be clearly marked in both the battle log screen and the battle detail screen.
War Season End
The end of the War Season is coming! Get ready to reap the rewards of your hard-fought battles, including Gold, Royal Tournament Tokens, and War Boxes.
Each War Box will offer a choice of three items. The total number of War Boxes awarded is located in the lower right corner. Tap on a choice, then tap Collect!
At the end of the Season, everyone in the Guild will see a Season Results window. This is where you will see your Guild’s total Crowns, rank, and percentile. After that, it’s rewards time!
War Season Start
At the end of the Season, all Guilds will be reset to ½ of their current Crown total and Rankings will be reset. In order to get ranked, participate in the first War of the new Season!
###Better Royal Tournament Rewards
New Royal Tournament Daily Quest: Instead of Gold, the new Daily quest will award players Royal Tournament Tokens commensurate with their tier:
- Copper: 10 Tokens
- Bronze: 20 Tokens
- Silver: 30 Tokens
- Gold: 40 Tokens
- Platinum & Challenger: 50 tokens
###Misc Changes & Bug Fixes
Guilds / Guild Chat
- Tapping on a player icon in Guild chats will now correctly display the menu
- Guild Leaders can now change the name of their Guild
- Fixed an issue where the Claim Guild rewards screen would show the same rewards twice
- Chat and Guild Chat can now be toggled on while in Combat
- Non-members no longer see 0 Guild Influence or Rank issues in Guild Info
- Non-members can now see the Last Season Rank for the Guild in Guild Info
- The Pin Message Chat icon is no longer visible to players without the appropriate permission to use it
- Fixed an issue that caused Stickied Guild Messages to be blank until restarted
- The Friend action has been removed when viewing rival Guilds’ members
- War Defense Lineups are now automatically saved in the Lineup Sharing selector
- A Refresh Heroes button has been added to the War Attack Screen! No more searching for it during the heat of battle.
- Defeated teams in Guild War will no longer incorrectly display 1/1 remaining Heroes undefeated
- Added an error when Requesting War Attack Points while your Limit has been reached
- Fixed an issue with setting RT Lineups that could incorrectly cause an error
- Improved clarity on RT “Promotion” windows when you do not Promote or Demote
- A number of RT screens have been clarified in regards to the state of the current tournament
- Fixed a crash in the Arena Hero Chooser screen
- “Share an Idea” button now correctly directs to the Forums
- Fixed an issue where moving between two Accounts would prevent an iOS account from receiving TheoremReach (Earn Diamonds) rewards
- Dodging a single Bleed tick no longer causes the whole effect to be Dodged
- Changed some Post-Battle Log colors to improve clarity (green for allies, red for enemies)
- Auto / FF settings for Sparring are now persistent between Spars
- Updated the format for a number of “How-To-Play” windows
- For ease of use, a number of fullscreen windows now have Close Buttons