Update 2.0.B Patch Notes

Welcome to Portal Quest 2.0.B!

Overview

As the next Portal Lords event looms over Ember, we’re making some more minor adjustments to Portal Lords based on your feedback! This is just a handful of the changes we’re working on, but should give everyone more options when it comes to the next event. In addition to this, we’re adding some Heroes, Chapters, and rotating some of the Heroes in Shops on various servers. Expect a quick server update tomorrow (4/19) at 2pm CT to make these changes!

Portal Lords Changes

• Increased the number of Quest Slots for Easy Quests
  • Lowering the refresh times on Easy, Medium, and Hard Quests
  • Adjusting a few specific Quest difficulties to keep each tier of Quests as roughly the same challenge
  • Dev Note: We will continue to be adjusting things with Portal Lords for each event and will appreciate your continued feedback!

Content Changes

NOTE: New Heroes will not appear in Shops until the Shop refreshes!

Server 1

• Shop Hero Rotations:
    • Skull Buster is moving to the Crusade Shop (replacing Cogmaster)
    • Wander Woman is moving to the Fortress Shop (replacing Stone Guard)
    • Grizzled Hunter is moving to the Royal Tournament Shop (replacing Wander Woman)
    • Stone Guard and Cogmaster are heading to Elite Campaign Stages

Server 2

• unit_twin_trackersNew Hero: Twin Trackers!
    • Available in Gold Chests
  • Chapter 14 - Burned Out
  • Team Level 105
  • Orange +2 Gear & Hero Rarity
  • Shop Hero Rotations:
    • Highwayman is moving to the Arena Shop (replacing Cogmaster)
    • Skull Buster is moving to the Crusade Shop (replacing Willow Druid)
    • Ember Wisp is moving to the Fortress Shop (replacing War Blade)
    • Grizzled Hunter is moving to the War Shop (replacing Swashbuckler)
    • Ice Berg is moving to the Royal Tournament Shop (replacing Salty Merc)
    • All replaced Heroes are heading to Elite Campaign Stages

Server 3

• Shop Hero Rotations:
    • Mystic Punk is moving to the Arena Shop (replacing Cogmaster)
    • Shield Maiden is moving to the Fortress Shop (replacing War Blade)
    • Grizzled Hunter is moving to the War Shop (replacing Swashbuckler)
    • Oasis Guardian is moving to the Royal Tournament Shop (replacing Grizzled Hunter)
    • All replaced Heroes (minus Grizzled Hunter) are heading to Elite Campaign Stages

Server 4

• unit_ladyknifefighterNew Hero: Whirling Dagger!
    • Available in Gold Chests
  • unit_hardenedmercNew Hero: Salty Merc!
    • Available in the Royal Tournament Shop
  • Shop Hero Rotations:
    • Grizzled Hunter is moving to the Arena Shop (replacing Forest Hermit)
    • Void Caster is moving to the Fortress Shop (replacing War Blade)
    • Spell Binder is moving to the War Shop (replacing Princess Portal)
    • All replaced Heroes are heading to Elite Campaign Stages

Server 5

• No changes in 2.0.B

Server 6

• unit_worgen_beastNew Hero: Howling Claw!
    • Available in the Royal Tournament Shop
  • New Boss Dungeon & Hero: Grave Wraith!
  • Chapter 9 - Commander Conquer
  • Team Level 75
  • Purple +2 Gear & Hero Rarity

Server 7

• No changes in 2.0.B
  • Since this server just opened and Guilds are still forming, there will not be a Portal Lords event for this server next week.

Update 2.1 Patch Notes

Server 2 is dying out… Why keep making new servers? It’s annoying as hell! I wish you would at least merge some of the servers, cause right now server 2 is getting more and more boring due to inactive players.

But won’t a merge with, say, server 1, just mean that you’ll have more half-occupied guilds? How many leaders would be willing to break up and merge with some existing s1 guild?

So no new epics? No cap raise for server 1? This is obviously an incoming merger. You basically give server 2 everything server 1 has, even the playing field and then throw the two together. You remove the incentive to play and all you can do is show minimal effort. Didn’t have enough time to give server 1 new stuff? Or are you really this obvious when planning a server merger?

New servers = new sources of revenue as players scramble to try and be #1 on the server.

Any chance when the posts are put up… that we can have an ingame timer/notice… alot of people run on different time zones to CT.

You know that time that nearly every other update happened?

Yeah. Then. 8pm GMT. 9pm UK. 3 - 4 am tomorrow Australia.

They any nearer for you?
If not, just +/- gmt as needed

Erm… around nine hours from now.
You’re welcome

It’s server update 2.0.B, not 2.1.

There will be new content in 2.1. This is a server update, I believe. The client update is where the new content will come in.

Would help if there was some clarity given Kn what we can expect from 2.1 and when it is planned.

If there is a server merge give a hefty catch-up package to S2 players, can’t keep S1 standstill for a month while S2 catches up.

The usual routine is that they write and post patch notes for an update on a Friday, then the update launches the following Monday - Wednesday.

Looking at past patch notes, they seem to be 6ish weeks apart. So I imagine there will be patch notes tomorrow or next Friday. Just my assumption ;p

I don’t know why everyone thinks there is going to be a server merge?

@WizarteroX
Seems like people got the wrong idea

Server 5 is the only one with no changes?.. Should at least swap the heroes around in the shops! It’s getting boring having the same people there all the time…think 90% of people have maxed those hero’s already. We need a change

Thanks for no cap increase on S1 yet. The whales aren’t the only ones playing, you know.

Why no green cigar stamp in the patch!!? It must be an oversight. Hurry up pls, 4/20 in europe allready and Australia might not even get to enjoy it. Thnx

Why no Owl Bear? He should be put in a shop, or at least in Elite Campaign. He’s my only non 5 star and I’m at 83/150 his drop rate from gold chests is infinitesimal.

They need to fix other problems before they patch a game they’ve just started. Problem such as the random selection in battles where you lose when you should have won. You have a score of 200 and something but you still lose. You win battles in tournament and Change Up Your Heroes to make it better and then suddenly lose when the power’s the other person has a the same. It’s becoming a bore just to play the game anymore because of the frustration and impossibilities to get anywhere because they have it rigged against you.

To be honest… tournament is a MAJOR bore. Just like running dungeon without the speed boots… OMG how boring!!! It takes all day to run 10 floors.

The teams make no sense… and at this point… all the players I face are level 105 like me… maxed heroes like me… and we are just putting the same teams up against each other.

Lol all day to run 10 floors without boosts? Check your internet connection or use some good heros, i can completely clear ten floors in an hour… Also royal tournament is the most challenging thing in this game…