Portal Quest 2.14.1
We have 2 new heroes and a new server! We have a handful of bug fixes, and new content for all servers. The team is working on the next “Big Thing” and digging into some persistent combat issues with some Heroes. Stay tuned for those in the next update!
New Heroes [Server 1]
The Wandering Sword is a legendary master swordsman from the Wild Lands. Great warriors seek, and lowly brigands fear, the lessons his blade teaches.
Wandering Sword is a Front-Line Damage Finesse hero who will be in the Gold Chest on Server 1.
Wandering Sword Curses the closest enemy that is at or below a threshold of their max health and then Executes them, killing them instantly. If no enemies are within this threshold of health after reaching max energy, Wandering Sword enters a Focused state to reduce all incoming damage while he waits for the most opportune time to strike.During this Focused state the health threshold needed to perform an Execute steadily raises, eventually reaching a cap.
Dodges one attack every 3 seconds.
When Wandering Sword falls below a certain amount of his max health he Blesses himself and retreats into his shell to meditate. While in his shell he reduces incoming damage and heals twice a second throughout the duration.
Cut Down - New Shared Skill!
This Hero deals extra damage to targets based on how much Current Health they have.
Shell of Contemplation
The greatest swordsmasters of Wandering School can meditate so long gardens spring up around them…or even, sometimes, on them.
Wandering Sword reduces more incoming damage while in his Focused state from Deadly Patience. His Execute threshold now starts at a higher percentage of the target’s max health and he gains full energy after performing a successful Execute.
The Splash Phoenix is a mythical bird born from seafoam falling from the back of a turtle. It’s a common figure on healing charms and other coastal tourist tchotchkes.
Splash Phoenix is a Back-Line Support Finesse Hero who will be the November Sign In Hero on Server 1.
Splash Phoenix spouts off a ball of water towards the enemy with the lowest health. The ball splashes between multiple enemies, dealing damage with each splash and always targeting the next lowest health enemy.
Resists being Stunned, Slowed, Immobilized, and being put to Sleep.
Splash Phoenix Blesses an ally and surrounds them with bubbles. Once attacked, a bubble will pop to absorb some of the damage dealt and heal the ally for some health. The Bless is removed once all the bubbles have been popped.
Gains Energy at the end of a wave.
Jewel of the Ocean
A mythic gem that cures colds and migraines. A heartbeat is heard inside whenever it gets wet.
Trouble Bubble splashes to enemies more times and deals additional damage with each splash. Whenever enemies are hit twice during a single cast of the skill they get Stunned.
New Epic Gear (Servers 1-8)
Scarred Brawler wore this helmet in the Arena, and gilded it after he won his freedom with the blade. Woe to those who make him wear it again.
Scarred Brawler now converts some of the Threat he generates into Energy. He also gains damage reduction based on the amount of Threat he has. Additionally, Threatening Strike now deals bonus damage per swing.
Along with his Epic gear Scarred Brawler is getting a slight buff to his Blue Skill. Fury Swipes now heals for 100% of the crit damage done.
The true sign of royalty is owning a solid block of gold. If you bump it with your head, you’ll only get a concussion.
Royal Ball now bounces extra times and deals more damage with each bounce. Enemies past the initial impact of the skill are Charmed toward the previous enemy hit.
Content Unlocks & Adjustments
Note: Heroes and Epic Gear will not appear in Shops until they refresh. Any Heroes that move out of the Shops have been placed in the Elite Campaign (unless otherwise noted).
Server 1 & 3:
November Sign in Hero: Splash Phoenix
- New Hero: Wandering Sword replaces Ancient Siren in the Gold Chest
- 3rd Epic Crystal
November Sign in Hero: Twin Trackers
- Chapter 18: Once Upon a Time in a Pastiche
- Max Team Level 125
- Orange +6 Gear Rarity
- 2nd Epic Crystal
- Dragoon moves to the Royal Tournament Shop
- Ember Wisp replaces Oasis Guardian in the Arena Shop
- Totem Prince and Cogmaster replace The Grizz and Storm Wizard in the Crusade Shop
- Whirling Dagger and Tempest replace Light Warden and Ice Berg in the Fortress Shop
- Spell Binder and Dragoon replace Owl Bear and Serpent King in the Royal Tournament Shop
November Sign in Hero: The Grizz
- Chapter 17: Just Deserts
- Max Team Level 120
- Orange +5 Gear Rarity
- New Hero: Brass Monk replaces Panther Stalker in the Gold Chest
November Sign in Hero: The Birdbarian
The new chapter and team level increase for server 7 will happen on October 26.
- Chapter 14: Burned Out
- Max Team Level 105
- Orange +2 Gear Rarity
November Sign in Hero: Noob Hero
- Chapter 12: Cold Reunion
- Max Team Level 95
- Orange +0 Gear Rarity
Epic Epic Dungeon Unlocked!
- New Hero: Dragon Heir
- Skull Buster replaces Hex Witch in the Crusade Shop
- Feral Brute and Rogue Bowman replace Mystic Punk and War Blade in the Fortress Shop
- Mass Destruction replaces Princess Portal in the War Shop
- Wander Woman replaces Grizzled Hunter in the Royal Tournament Shop
- The Grizz replaces Salty Merc in the Gold Chest
Server 9: 9 Lives - Welcome!
November Sign in Hero: Void Caster
- Max Team Level 60
- Purple Gear Rarity
- Reduced overall App File size
- Increasing the drop rate of raid tickets in the campaign
- Cog Master
- Fixed a bug where Cog Master would cause a timeout in combat
- Warp Mage
- Fixed a bug that caused her Aspect to revert to Finesse at the start of a Portal Lords event.
- Changed the wording of “Max Flags Per Guild member” to “Max Attacks Per Guild Member” which better represents the functionality of the feature.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Total Guild AP in war to incorrectly increase when AP was donated to a member.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when selecting the Purchase Gift option in events.
- When gifting, the first-time diamond bonus for the Daily Deal will not be given to the purchaser or recipient.
- Removing the Raid All Button from Heroes Menu