Update 2.9 Patch Notes [Updated 8/15]

I get the same issue, regardless of manual or auto. A tiny bit annoying, not gonna lie.

I just want to say this is my favorite aspect of this update. It’s nice to get stuff I need in dungeon. It seems to me this is something that can genuinely help the f2p or less spendy players. It’s something I can choose to do if I have time and inclination, but not something I’m required to do to be successful at the game. Nice balance!

Have to agree :wink: best change to any feature I’ve seen in a long time
Some of these drops I earned before patch… After patch ran from floor 98-120

Couldn’t be happier with the variety available

Why is this a bug fix? Isn’t it normal that you only get the points that you defeat and not the original points of the line? Or what am I missing here?

When the score system was implemented if you killed 4 heros and left one standing you didn’t register a score
Then the following hit on one hero only yielded the value of that one hero not the full amount for the fight as a whole
If a guild left many cleans like that you would never be able to ensure all players earned enough to fill the score bar
This fix has now rectified that :wink:

Still cant get everyone full. I have a hard time filling 4 slots let alone 5 every day…

I really appreciate that PerBlue is finally starting to listen to their player base (although if @Stinkynate’s numbers are accurate, maybe you’re not listening all that well). And I appreciate that PerBlue is making moves to reduce the grind (and $$$) required for some of the gear. I don’t expect PerBlue to give us our stamina back, although that would be amazing… But I do think there should be compensation. I think a very fair compensation would be the items back that were omitted from the crafting recipes.

it took me some time to figure out a fitting analogy for the situation:

Let’s pretend a group of friends have gone out for a big dinner and we all split the bill. As a “whale” I put in my share of the bill right away. Some of my friends can’t pay as much right then, but they put in a little. After some of us have put in our share, the waiter comes back and says that the bill is lower and anyone that hasn’t paid yet will pay a smaller portion. And instead of the waiter returning the extra money, he decides to keep it to pad his own pockets.

I’m okay with the stamina spent to gear my items. Right before the patch notes came out, I managed to fully gear all my toons as well. But what I’m not very pleased with is that anyone that geared their toons, whether they did some or all, they lost those items omitted from the gear recipes. And this really hurts the F2P players. They don’t have the spare resources to waste. They used up their valuable resources to gear their toons. They lost items with this reduction as well. And a reimbursement of those gear items would be FAIR.

I don’t want this to seem gripey, and I don’t want for this to be a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” type of situation. I just hope PB realizes that their players have lost out on items that they worked for and an reasonable fix is there!

While I appreciate that PB seems to be starting to head in the right direction when it comes to listening to their player base, after seeing the requirements for ONE O+6 Gear slot, I’m very disheartened. I’ve told two very close friends to “hang in there!” “Per Blue is finally hearing us! It’s going to get better!” But realizing the requirements for just ONE gear slot that is needed by 10 toons, I’m a little sick. This does not look like the right direction. This is the recipe for Bull Snake. It requires over 1100 scraps. I even omitted anything you can get in the first couple chapters of campaign, and very readily available in silver chests. But this one item requires over 1100 scraps. 11,000 for all 10 heroes to have one piece of gear.

I made a video of me farming for a single piece of full gear, the sands of thyme. I figured a visual demonstration may help illuminate the issue. It was 5 1/2 minutes long and too large to upload to discord. Sigh. It’s still so grindy. 5 minutes. With a double drop. I do appreciate the recognition that there’s a problem. But so much more needs to be done.

That makes me very sad. And maybe bang my head against a wall…

Well said. It would be understandable if we had increased time between cap raises to allow extra time for all of these items, but we don’t. They have been coming just as fast as ever. Whatever “metrics” PB is using still aren’t good. They may be good enough to fit their expectations of “1% member loss per month” (which I still dont believe), but that doesnt mean they couldn’t be better.

Regardless, my wallet is officially closed on this game as of right now. I’ve been reinforcing this behavior of not wanting to actually understand the players and the game for too long.

I’m right there with you. Along with many friends. Unless things truly change, I will not spend anymore. I’ll play til the resources run out, and maybe go back to Angry Birds?

So now you get a score for the 4 you killed and a score for the final you or another guild member has killed?

If I kill 4 I won’t score …
If you clean up you get the value for all 5

Best bet is players with all heros well built can afford mistakes
Then you get littles to clean up the lines for a full line score boost :wink:

Thanks for the info.

I would find it better then if they would create a 1 minute waiting period to allow the same player attacking the same opponent again. That way vultures and honest mistakes are being left out of the game as well.
Sometimes you have no choice but to do the attack in 2 times. It is a shame that you won’t be credited for that and other people get all the points (though as a test I did see yesterday that my total point amount in the guild drop-down selection raised when I only did damage to an opponent and no kills).

I have the privilege of being completely unawares of the grind for O+6… Cause I don’t have any O+6 toons yet.

But in saying that… If spenders are complaining about the grind then… OMFG WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET A PIECE OF GEAR FOR HEROES!

My high VIP level gives me barely any advantage to help with the grind ahead. Why don’t you increase the benifits of VIP levels (More stam daily or higher Max stam, or free chests, or something!) ? Cause a lot of your long term high spending players are not spending anymore… But helped build this game into what it is.

Took 540 stamina to get 50 scraps for one item. Bull Snake takes approximately 1100 scraps to make. That’s 11,880 stamina for Bull Snake. Which would be 198 Stamina Packs X 10 heroes (that need Bull Snake), that’s 1,980 stamina packs. <-- And that’s using double drops. We have 49 toons out there, each with 6 gear slots. 118,800 stamina , and ladies and gentleman, you’ve completed 3% of the gear required for O+6.

The extra stamina is a great step forward, the reduction of items in recipes is a step, as well. But these are baby steps. With crusade (on blockbuster), fortress stamina rewards, guild check in (if maxed), and the 3x free stamina daily, that’s 856 stamina. If you don’t ever let your stamina get to full, you also earn 240 stamina daily naturally. 1,096 stamina in 24 hours. To get 3% of your gear completed, it will take 108 days with your free stamina.

We need bigger steps forward.