Portal Quest 3.1!
Welcome to Portal Quest 3.1!
New Hero [Server 1]
The Spark Phoenix is a mythical bird born from the static spark of two sheep rubbing together. It’s said to bring ingenuity in battle, making it a favorite totem of Cogmasters.
Spark Phoenix is a Back-Line Focus Support hero who will be the January sign-in hero for Server 1.
Spark Phoenix calls down a powerful bolt of lighting to deal damage to a random enemy. This skill only costs 50 energy to cast.
All allies and self gain a shield at the start of combat.
At the beginning of battle, Spark Phoenix Energizes the ally with the most Attack Speed for the rest of the Wave. Basic attacks from that ally will occasionally be charged with chain lightning, these attacks deal extra damage to the initial target and the other enemies it spreads to.
Any source of damage from this Hero breaks enemy shields. Attacks deal extra damage when breaking a shield.
Stone of the Thunder
A gem from folklore that causes metal objects to stick together when present. A heartbeat can be heard from inside when a storm is overhead.
Shocking Strike deals additional damage and now calls down two bolts of lightning to strike random enemies.
Red+1 introduces a New Rarity of Hero Essence and an additional Tier to Honor Classes; Journeyman. Promoting a Hero to Red+1 will create a Hero Essence of Red+1 Rarity, this Essence provides a higher Stat Bonus than Essence of the previous Rarity.
Note: Hero Essence is a Combination of the Hero’s New Rarity, Role and Aspect
Honor Class: Journeyman
When a Hero reaches Red+1 they unlock the ability to place Essence into the Journeyman Tier of their Honor Class if the Apprentice Level is currently completed. Completing the Journeyman Tier allows the Honor Skill to be Leveled up an additional 10 times. Any Rarity of Hero Essence can be placed in any Honor Class Tier.
Note: The Honor Class skill level will be set to the Highest Completed Honor Class Tier. If the Honor Class Skill is leveled to 20 and then the Journeyman Tier is rendered incomplete, the Skill Level will drop to 10 until the Journeyman Tier is Completed again.
Attaching and Removing Essence in the Journeyman Tier will have a Gold and Hero XP cost.
Hero Essence that is currently Red Rarity can be Leveled Up by opening their Essence Info Menu and filling them with Hero XP. Any Essence that is partially filled with XP will display an indicator that it has Fill.
Hero Essence Balance Change
- Damage Essence Attack Stat Bonus has been increased from 400 to 460
New Epic Skills
An amulet inscribed with the secret words of creation. Embedded into stone, it creates a powerful golem… so what happens if it’s placed into lava?
Open Fissure now deals area of effect damage with each of its three hits. The third hit Stuns the target and cracks open the ground to reveal a pool of magma for a time. Enemies are dealt damage twice a second while near the magma.
This hardened sap is over 1000 years old. I wonder if it holds memories of a happier time?
Skill Block now deals damage and Stone Guard gains energy for each enemy she Silences with the skill.
As with some other instances of older Heroes becoming Epic, these heroes will be getting some slight adjustments to their base stats:
- Stone Guard’s Skill 1 base stat was increased from 600 to 800
- Stone Guard’s base health was increased from 620 to 725
- Mass Destruction’s energy generation per 5 seconds was increased from 22 to 34
Chapter 22: It’s All Blockish To Me
The clock is ticking as our heroes, called by a spectral Oracle, forge a path through the Clockwork Mountains to discover the truth about the magic soup- and their own destinies! Will the answer lead them to victory against the Hollow? Or will the felonious acts of a surprising hero threaten all the progress they’ve made so far?
The past and present meet to determine the future of Ember in the latest thrilling chapter of Portal Quest!
Content Unlocks & Adjustments
Note: Heroes and Epic Gear will not appear in Shops until they refresh. Any Heroes that move out of the Shops have been placed in the Elite Campaign (unless otherwise noted).
January Sign in Hero: Spark Phoenix
- Chapter 22: It’s All Blockish To Me
- Max Team Level 145
- New Rarity Red +1
- 4th Epic Crystal
January Sign in Hero: Splash Phoenix
- Chapter 20: Air Ship It!
- Max Team Level 135
- New Rarity Orange +8
January Sign in Hero: Forgotten Champion
- Chapter 17: Just Deserts
- Max Team Level 120
- New Rarity Orange +5
- New Hero: Serpent King will be in the Gold Chest
January Sign in Hero: The Grizz
- Chapter 14: Burned Out
- Max Team Level 105
- New Rarity Orange +2
- New Hero: Twin Trackers will be in the Gold Chest
January Sign in Hero: Totem Prince
- Chapter 9: Commander Conquer
- Max Team Level 75
- New Rarity Purple +2
- New Hero: Howling Claw will be in the Gold Chest
- New Boss Dungeon: Grave Wraith
- War Rewards have been reworked based on player feedback
- Added name of the sender to gifted chests
- We recognize that the Untargetable State of Twin Trackers has been the cause of a lot of issues in combat. This is a difficult problem that we hope to have found a solution for by removing the untargetable aspect of their White Skill. When the Twin Trackers switch they can now be targeted, damaged and killed but not interrupted. We hope this resolves the state of them becoming untargetable for extended periods of time while also keeping them competitive with other Heroes.
- Portrait Borders have been resized for a better fit
- Disarm Trap Well effect will count towards the Disarm Trap Portal Lords Quest
- Heroes with Channel skills will now receive the heal from the Warlock Honor class upon the activation of their skill as opposed to when the skill ends
- Added the ability to see Honor Classes and Hero Details in War
- Improved the targeting of Tempest’s Skill 2
- Added a Raid All button to the Hero Stats tab to raid all Elite nodes for that Hero simultaneously
- Portal lords quests that work for Epic Dungeon also work for Epic Epic Dungeon
- Thick Skull damage reduction will no longer apply to Damage done to Shields, this will only apply when a Hero’s Health is being damaged
- Fixed an issue where Warlocks could infinitely cast their White Skills
- Fixed an issue where Mystic Punk was able to stack the energy generation passive effect of his Epic from multiple enemies which could lead to him infinitely casting his White Skill
- Fixed a bug where the melee Twin Tracker wouldn’t spawn a damage orb after dying with a Spiritmancer on their team
- Fixed an issue where some debuffs weren’t correctly being applied to Panther Stalker
- Fixed an issue that was causing some Epic Skills to not work
- Fixed several visual issues with the Spiritmancer’s Tank Orb
- Fixed an issue where Feral Brute wouldn’t always sap attack from Panther Stalker
- Fixed an issue where Wandering Sword wouldn’t get his energy reset after executing Owl Bear
- Fixed some issues with the German Translations
- Fixed several issues with Dungeon Shrine buffs
- Fixed some string issues with in the Chapter 9 trophies