Portal Quest 4.0!
Welcome to the 4.0 Portal Quest update! This update features magic and gold!
Chapter 36: Braving The Elements
Now that Our Heroes have begrudgingly decided to help Brogue Rowman with his side quest, they travel to Elemental Land in search of four weirdly specific and odd items. As Our Heroes battle their way through the elements, they begin to ask themselves the age old question – is this really worth it?
New Hero - Marvelous Magnus!
Come and see the world-famous Marvelous Magnus! His death-defying tricks will tantalize you. His mastery over magic will stupefy you. His charm and wit…could still use some work.
Marvelous Magnus is a Back-Line Support Focus Hero who will be gold chests on server 1.
Illusion Of The Mind
Marvelous Magnus performs a trick for the enemy with the highest Attack, this deals damage and Possesses them for a time. Magnus heals himself for a percentage of the damage dealt from this skill.
Resists being Stunned, Slowed, Immobilized, and being put to Sleep.
Sleight Of Hand
Marvelous Magnus makes a percent of his Current Health disappear, in exchange he gains energy and heals his ally missing the most health for a percent of their Max Health. The ally’s next basic attack deals bonus damage. Magnus cannot heal himself with this skill.
At the beginning of battle, grants all Finesse allies Health and Attack.
Ace of Fortune
The Marvelous Magnus always keeps this lucky card in his pocket. It’s gotten him out of more scrapes than he cares to admit.
If Magnus’s ally is Cursed while Sleight of Hand is cast, the ally will become Invulnerable for a time. The ally’s first Basic Attack after the skill deals additional bonus damage.
New Gold Rarity!
Over a year ago we saw Red Rarity bring Honor Classes to the Heroes of Ember. It was amazing to see how the addition of these new skills changed the way players approached combat. We’re excited to announce that Gold Rarity will continue where Red left off and offer players even more ways to customize their favorite Hero lineups.
Once you promote a Hero to Gold Rarity you will unlock the ability to power up your second Honor Class. From this point on you’ll be able to level up and toggle between Honor Class skills as you see fit.
Some notes about toggling Honor Classes:
- At Gold Rarity, toggling between Honor Classes has no penalty
- Once an Honor Class is saved as a defensive lineup it will remain there until the Honor Class is Abandoned or until the lineup is saved again with a different Honor Class
We’ve also made a few adjustments to the less popular Honor Classes to give them a little more power. These classes have always been a little more niche but we want to make sure that they feel viable in the roles that they are meant to fill. These changes will take effect for all Honor Classes once the 4.0 update is live:
- Spiritmancer orbs will now Bless all living allies for a short time after they spawn. All other orb mechanics remain unchanged
- Besides shielding themselves while debuffed, Paladins now help protect their Backline allies. Backline allies now gain a shield for a percentage of their Max Health when they take damage for the first time during a wave of combat
- Warlocks are getting two changes. The heal they gain after using their White Skill has been converted to a percentage of their Max Health. Additionally, their next three basic attacks after using their White Skill will deal bonus damage. Warlocks still gain energy from using their Blue Skill.
Content Unlocks & Adjustments
Note: Any Heroes that move out of the Chests have been placed in the Elite Campaign.
- Chapter 36: Braving the Elements
- Max Team Level 215
- Gold +0 Gear Rarity
- New Hero: Marvelous Magnus will only be available in gold chests
- New Hero: Baa-Zooka will only be available in gold chests
- New Hero: Pesky Pixie will only be available in gold chests
- New Hero: Dragoon will only be available in gold chests
Gold Cosmetic Rotations
New Gold Cosmetics being added to Style Chests:
- Golden Crystal Cleric
- Golden Brass Monk
- Golden The Grizz
- Golden Scarred Brawler
- Golden Elder Mohawk
- Chat Stamps
- Gold Ape Stamp
- Gold Clover Stamp
- Gold Fox Stamp
- Gold Portal Stamp
- Gold Torch Stamp
Gold Cosmetics being removed from the Style Chests:
- Golden Grave Wraith
- Golden Mystic Punk
- Golden Forest Hermit
- Golden Panther Stalker
- Golden Shield Maiden
- Chat Stamps
- Gold Butterfly Stamp
- Gold Cloud Stamp
- Gold Not Hot Stamp
- Gold Panther Stamp
- Gold Tombstone Stamp
This is the last update where these Gold Cosmetics will be available in the Style Chests:
- Golden Wandering Sword
- Golden Noob Hero
- Golden Pesky Pixie
- Golden Ginger Beard
- Golden Rogue Bowman
- Chat Stamps
- Gold Shield Stamp
- Gold Cupcake Stamp
- Gold Flower Stamp
- Gold Dragon Stamp
- Gold Pizza Stamp
- Players can now toggle the Auto Donate for War when Wars end and during Off Days/Spars
- The Honor Shop will now only display Cosmetics that are available in the Style Chests
- There is now a new Status Icon that displays while units are Invulnerable in combat
- Honor Class skills can no longer be disabled in Dungeons
- Added better messaging in the Event Window to let players know which deals are “Ending Soon”
- Moved the “Equip All”, “Max Essence”, Abandon buttons to the top of the Honor Class Recipe list
- Portal Quest accounts can now use the Sign In With Apple feature
- Fixed an issue where Tabbigail could stun an allied Exiled Empress shadow minion
- Fixed a visual issue caused from large contest point values
- Fixed an issue that was allowing Happypotamus to heal Rampaged allies
- Fixed an issue between Wandering Sword and Serpent King’s Skill 2 that prevented Wander Sword from executing his enemy
- Fixed an issue that allowed Paladins to generate shields while in stasis
- Fixed an issue with Twin Trackers reviving after successful War attacks