Update 4.2.1 Patch Notes

Portal Quest 4.2.1!

Overview

Welcome to the 4.2.1 Portal Quest update! This update features a new Hero as well as some bug fixes and improvements.

New Hero - Dr. Carl Nivore

Carl traded his rough and tumble ways for a life of higher education. Not only is he the coolest teacher at Barbary University, but his tie collection is envied by all.

Dr. Carl Nivore is a Front-Line Tank Fury Hero who will be Gold Chests on server 1.

Skills

Jawsome Chomp!

Dr. Carl Nivore bites the closest enemy for damage which causes them to take Bleed damage twice a second for the next few seconds. During this time he also gains Damage Mitigation for each percent of Health he is missing up to a cap.

Open the Vein

Basic attacks and skills Bleed.

Blood In The Water

Whenever an enemy Hero is marked with Bleed Dr. Carl Nivore gains Attack Speed and Movement Speed for the rest of the wave. His Basic Attacks against Bleeding enemies deal bonus damage and grant him Energy. Each enemy Hero can only add to this once per wave.

Cleave

Basic attacks now deal damage to other nearby enemies. The primary target does not take this bonus damage.

Epic Gear

A Good Point

When a shark loses a baby tooth, the magical tooth kraken comes to collect it.

Jawsome Chomp! now shields Dr. Carl Nivore for a percent of his Max Health.

Passive: Killer Instinct
Whenever Dr. Carl Nivore would damage an Invulnerable enemy he removes the Invulnerable buff and marks them Defenseless instead. After this he deals his initial damage plus bonus damage to the enemy.

Content Unlocks & Adjustments

Note: Any Heroes that move out of the Shops/Chests have been placed in the Elite Campaign (unless otherwise noted).

Server 1

New Hero: Dr. Carl Nivore will only be available in Gold Chests

Server 8

New Hero: Catapult Dwarf will only be available in Gold Chests

Server 10

New Hero: Shiny Spiny will only be available in Gold Chests

Server 11

New Hero: Twilight Archer will only be available in Gold Chests

Improvements

• Lucky Charm and Hero Magnet items will now pause during Server Downtimes

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a Bug with Twilight Archer’s Death Animation
  • Fixed a Crash in the Daily-Sign-in Screen
2 Likes

We are planning to release this update on Thursday, April 16.

Do do do do do do 64y3xsVT7tzeE

3 Likes

Polaris …
Thank you so damn much for a shark :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Whoop whoop
Where’s my dude DCL… Gonna be stoked for a shark finally

But what is a hero magnet?

i’m guessing it means you only get hero shard drops from gold chest type items…

but I haven’t seen any of them around and none of my guildies have any either. so I was wondering if they actually exist as there is no photographic evidence that they are in game at this current ti

1 Like

Maybe they’ll be introduced soon along with those xp vials we all want :slight_smile:

I hope so. and the trials resets we are need more of :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m seeing many people changing their metas because Lion Knight is gonna be eliminated more early due to the new hero’s Epic Gear Passice Skill

Anyone know if this is going to be a server maintenance reset or automatically rolled in at reset?

Should be without downtime, no client update

1 Like

Not to be “that” person (again!)

Butttttttt…
The client is going from update 4.2 to 4.2.1

It will be downtime and a mandatory download of the update from the app store, once the server goes down.

Probably at 11am CST

2 Likes

The update is complete!

2 Likes