We’ve been considering all of your great Guild War feedback. We’ve got some updates coming your way next week that we think will make everyone’s War experience better. We’re posting them today so that no one is taken by surprise. Without further ado, here are the changes!
Force Closing During War is Now a Loss
In order to keep War as fair as possible, force closing the game during a War battle will now have the following consequences:
- Attack Points are spent
- Heroes are Used
- Defending NPCs are unaffected
- Defending Heroes are unaffected
Please make sure you War attacks are done on a stable connection so you don’t lose accidentally!
Failed Attack Bug Fixed
There is a bug where the Attacker sees a success, but there is a defender’s Lineup that still has one Hero alive. This will be fixed and the defender team will all die appropriately (and valiantly!)
More Matchmaking Variety
Many guilds find themselves facing the same opponents repeatedly. We’re increasing the odds that you will get a new Guild, and increasing the range of Guilds considered for each match. This should result in more variety in war matches overall.
War Perks Changes to Slow Down Wars
The intensity of war, with each guild scrambling to donate stamina and make their attacks, is a good thing overall. The real-time stakes adds a lot of coordination and excitement. But the current system also has some drawbacks. Less than half of Guild members get to make attacks and people in certain timezones are not even awake for war.
Currently there are two big factors that limit how quickly a War can end:
- Getting a player up to 20 Attack Points so they can attack the Keep
- Making sure the Guild has enough Attack Points to reach and finish the Keep
We’re introducing a few changes to slow the progress of Wars. The result of these changes is that Wars will take several hours to finish, more attacks will be needed and more perks, like Attack Point Generation Rate, will matter. These changes are:
- Donations: Players can now only receive 5 Attack Points per war, up to 10 with the perk.
- Increased Lineups per Objective: The number of lineups in the Level 1 Keep and Towers will be increased to to 5.
- Increased Lineups per Player: We’re adding a third level to the Defensive Teams Perk. Once unlocked, it allows each member to set 3 defensive teams.
- Increased Tier 2 Tower Upgrade Cost: We are increasing the upgrade cost of Tier 2 towers to Match those of Tier 3 since they both cost 10 Attack Points to attack.
More Powerful Mage Tower Bonuses
Lastly, we’re making changes to the Mage Towers to make them more meaningful:
- Top Tower: Damage prevention increased from 5% to 20%
- Mid Tower B: Attackers have 10% less HP, up from 5%
- Mid Tower C: Attacker generate 20% less Energy, up from 10%
- Bottom Tower A: Defenders start with 20% more ENergy, up from 10%
- Bottom Tower B: Defenders to 10% more Damage, up from 5%
- Bottom Tower C: Defenders regenerate 8% HP/second, up from 1%
Overall we hope these changes will help to make Guild War a better experience for everyone. We’ll be keeping a close eye on how they impact players, and we look forward to your feedback!