Consolidating into one post:
First, positive stuff:
- Influence dropping is awesome. I have guildmates pushing dungeon into floors 80+ who weren’t participating beforehand because of this
- The gear drops at 50+ are actually pretty nice, especially with the cap coming out
- Faster run speed is nice - this can still be improved even more imo
- Bosses - they’re bland, combat-wise. They drop exactly 1 purple scrap. On the other hand, having 2-4 heroes die to a Boss, ruining your efforts in later floors of the dungeon would suck. And while 1 purple scrap is certainly more than 0 purple scraps, it’s less than what I’m getting from most chests at this point (1-3 scraps).
Things that can still be improved:
- Resetting the dungeon - the drops (gear-wise) before level 30 are basically not useful at all. Only the purples are useful and you still get a mix up until level 50. So, if it were possible, the best thing to do on reset would be to reset back to level 50. But you can’t do this because you absolutely need all the shrine buffs. So the only real solution is to start over from floor 1.
Is it possible to allow the user to pick buffs equal to what level they’re resetting to? Or roll over their buffs from the previous run somehow? Or improve the drops so that the first 30 levels aren’t a waste of time gear-wise (I am unclear what the drop rates for influence are like).
- The torch perk / dungeon level - both of these are just plain not useful. I have not reset once since the dungeon came out. So right away, in the two weeks that these have been available to us, I have gotten absolutely 0 benefit from them. Even worse is that when I finally do reset, I still might not get any benefit from the torch perk because it is wholly dependent on how many torches you currently have.
I’m currently on level 73 and my dungeon exp level is 18. This means when I reset, if I have more than 48 torches, I will still not gain anything from either of these. A perk that provides zero benefit to 98% (yes I made that number up!) of players needs to be tweaked, in my opinion. My preferred suggestion is that they are simply given away daily; the dungeon is supposed to be ‘endless’ and an alternative to spending time in the game without using stamina. I understand there are concerns about the economy, but I’m buying 30 torches from the Crusade shop every day and still watching my total decrease sharply every day. I want to participate in the dungeon and explore floors fully now, but it’s simply not possible.
Other solutions include simply giving 30 extra torches, regardless of how many you have, when you reset (yes, this opens the door for people to reset every day and stockpile them, but … that also means they aren’t running dungeon that day and gaining gear or influence).
Ore drops - I’m on level 73 and getting 1-3 purple scraps of gear that is actually useful at the newest promotion. Yet the ore dropping is still in the 4,000-8,000 range. Why? This is soooo low. I get mad every time I get something from a chest and it’s ore.
The disabled skill trap - this might fit better into the middle category since I feel like I’m running into more cleanse shrines later on in the dungeon, but I’m gonna leave it here anyway. The disabled trap skill sucks. It is frustrating, there’s nothing you can do to stop it, it seems like you get it A LOT even with maxed lock picking skills, and the shrines to cleanse it seem to be few and far between. Having one or two of your skills disabled can absolutely ruin a hero.
I was running Healer for a while and then his white skill got disabled. Boom, instantly useless. It’s not easy to swap out heroes (takes torches to go back).
As a side note, the first skill that is marked as disabled changes if you leave and return to the dungeon.
- Energy generation shrine buff - this is either poorly worded or not working correctly, or is far weaker than I what I was expecting and not worth taking. So my current buff says, “Your party gains 16 energy per hallway space they cross.”
Now, I initially thought that meant each hero would gain X energy for each small or large square they traversed. That clearly is not what is happening. So it’s either not working or it only counts large squares or that X amount is split by all the party members (so each member gains only 3 energy in my current situation).
Either way, this is confusingly worded and, if it’s not broken and is working as intended, seems underpowered.
- What about a similar shrine buff to the Energy Generation when you walk that generates health when you walk?
- I have, multiple times now, switched heroes out at the entrance to the next floor and accidentally gone to the next floor without meaning to. Maybe a way to descend? Or change how the screens work on that square when swapping heroes.