What is the point of tiers in war?

Can some explain why we have different tiers in war.
It’s nothing to do with who you draw. That’s done purely on crowns it appears.
We’re on s8 and with the exception of first couple of wars have consistently been drawn against guilds in higher tiers.
SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF TIERS WHEN THEY ARE MEANINGLESS

1 Like

I wondered the same thing when war first rolled out. The only thing I can assume is they are there to create reward steps toward end of season. Kind of like progress rewards in contest.

2 Likes

As only top tier gets rewards it probably is a way to cut costs

1 Like

Yet another war and guess what?
That’s right we’ve drawn against a guild in a higher tier

1 Like

All tiers get rewards at the end of each battle. Only challenger gets end of season rewards. But if you add up the per battle rewards even if you don’t make challenger they’re better than the old end of season rewards.

2 Likes

Doesn’t explain point of tiers.
In fact seems to make them even more pointless.
I thought the idea was you fought guilds in your own tier, got promoted if you won and eventually ended up is Challenger

1 Like

That was, as far as I know, never the idea.
I thought it was too but when I dug in realized that I was just assuming something that was never said.
The only thing tiers provide is an ever increasing amt of rewards to strive for. You can not win and get small rewards or you can win and get more rewards with each tier you progress through.

2 Likes

I will tell you a secret. The point of tiers in war is for noone to be able to have an up-to-date list of all guilds with their crowns, because this will make it more possible to predict next opponent…

4 Likes

Surely everyone is in challenger by now? :wink:

1 Like

No.
And even if they are, after the first war in next season, you will see only half the guilds - who won…
Correct me if i’m wrong, i’m just starting to dig in war…

The pool is pretty shallow
You tend to see the same ones pretty often. I’m sure that repetition is worse closer to the top

You tend to see the same ones pretty often. I’m sure that repetition is worse closer to the top

1 Like

Lol
Characters :laughing:

1 Like

To be serious for a minute…
That was the point of the “no same guild matched within five wars” rule.

The most you would meet one guild is three times.
Aaaannnndddd you’d have to be unlucky (or be first and second in crown totals) to land them so early in the season, and stay neck and neck with them to land them twice more in 14 wars…

Merry Christmas guild!
We’re having Dark Knights for war…

Hooray??!!

That bad?

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Not since the new “five war” rule.

I don’t miss the days of

#1 guild
Random guild
#1 guild
Random guild
#1 guild
Random guild

This is much better than that.

Even the first fix , which went…

#1 guild
Random
#2 guild
#1 guild
Random
#2 guild

That wasn’t too bad.
But this is still better :slight_smile:

Fair do.

Doesn’t really matter for us noobs only in top20

Can imagine it would get annoying at the top though

1 Like

So…your level begins with 7? And the smaller the # the higher the ranking?

Start at tier 7 each season

War win = move up a tier, from 7 through to 1, and then challenger.

Once in challenger your crowns are displayed, which determine how you position in the war rankings.

Hope that helps, if not then say

1 Like